P3AT - Retired to the Safe

This is a discussion on P3AT - Retired to the Safe within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm done looking for ammo in .380. Haven't seen any since the day after Christmas. The prices I see on the online auctions is profane. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P3AT - Retired to the Safe

P3AT - Retired to the Safe

I'm done looking for ammo in .380. Haven't seen any since the day after Christmas. The prices I see on the online auctions is profane.

When I bought the P3AT I was originally looking for a PF9. I wanted a pocket gun. The P3AT fit that bill perfectly. The PF9 is still a contender for my need and with the current ammo shortage I'm going to have add another resident to my household.

Question is.... Should I keep it (after all it's not eating anything) and hope .380 ammo becomes available again or just part ways?

2. Remove Ads

Hell .380 is the ONLY thing i can find here in MI, trying to get 9mm or .45 acp is like asking the government for a tax refund

Maybe we could work out a trade if i pick up .380 for you (at a reasonable cost of course) you could pick up an equal $ amount of .45 (at a reasonable cost of course) If your interested PM me

Note: i like to pick up that 100 count of Winchestor "white box" @ Wal-Mart because the price is still the same (when u can get it)
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    If you like the .380 keep it. Eventually the ammo will be available again. 9mm, .40 and .45 is beginning to make it's way back onto the market, so will the .380.

I hear that ammo will become more available (& reasonably priced) soon, but if you decide to sell it, I would be interested in taking a look at it.
    I live near Winston-Salem, NC.

Exclamation My 2 cents...

If you can afford to keep it, the .380 ammo is making a comeback.

BTW...the Kel Tec PF-9 is a sweet carry piece...here's a pic of mine with a LaserLyte that I added:

SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

VIP Member
    Keep it it is always good to have a little pocket pistol.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Ammo is starting to make its way back to the shelves slowly. A friend of mine made a days work out of it and hit every Wal-Mart and other sporting goods store in our area and came up with 1200 rounds of .380 just this past week.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

You certainly must have SOME .380 ammo to at least use the P-3AT as an extra carry gun. If not, just let it sit in the safe for a while, the supplies will return eventually.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have been seeing .380 out here again and at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlivin View Post
    Should I keep it (after all it's not eating anything) and hope .380 ammo becomes available again or just part ways?
    I have Kel-Tec .380 that I don't carry anymore, and I've faced a similar question. However, sure as the world if I get rid of it, I'll need a tiny gun for some occasion that only a Kel-Tec or Ruger .380 can fill the bill.

Of course, a PF-9 is pretty small, too, and I could eliminate a caliber.

Oh great. Now you've got me thinking about trading... Thought I had resolved this already.

I have 380 ammo but not a 380 gun anymore. I did however purchase a Ruger LCP finally and plan on picking it up hopefully Tuesday.

I almost broke down after the long wait and buy a Kel Tec P3AT. I'm glad I waited not knocking Kel Tec but the LCP just felt so much better. I actually go the Ruger cheaper then what P3ATs are going for around here.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

.380 is experiencing a shortage. No one said they're discontinuing it! Keep the gun, you'll only regret it if you sell it.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Keep the .380. I agree that ammunition for it will become available, and they you would regret selling it.

I have a P3AT. I also have probably 300 rounds of ammo including 125 rounds of HP. It is not fun to shoot so the ammo will last me a long time. Since it has proven reliable, I just shoot a mag or two every few months.

I would retire mine before I would pay the going prices, but I would keep it until the ammo supply permitted bring it out of retirement.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I vote keep it, just because a .380 is a great backup or primary carry. Also Ive made it a rule now, don't sell anything. You just regret it later.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I have to agree with TerriLi. As soon as you sell it you'll regret it. I sold 2 semi autos and wish I had not. I have been seeing .380 here and there and the price is not too bad considering. Avg $13-16 a box.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links