PT111 Titanium, its THAT BAD?

This is a discussion on PT111 Titanium, its THAT BAD? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi people, its my first post on this Defensive Carry forum, so ill introduce myself first... Im Bruno Ceriotti, from Argentina, I work at a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PT111 Titanium, its THAT BAD?

Exclamation PT111 Titanium, its THAT BAD?

Hi people, its my first post on this Defensive Carry forum, so ill introduce myself first... Im Bruno Ceriotti, from Argentina, I work at a lawfirm and I stunt streetbikes for a living ( www.brunoceriotti.com ) also into IPSC Shooting, Airguns, Biketrial, Experimental aviation, Grayhounds, Skimboarding, and everything not-related-to-work-as-possible

Due to my Stuntjob I drive my truck nationwide and im exposed to lots of dangerous situations... Thats why I see myself in need of a super conceleable, accurate and reliable gun to count with... I have a Tanfoglio Combat "T" in 9x19mm wich is a bit rigged for competition shooting, I can blast heads of with this babe at 25 yards all day...but it weights 1200 grams and its about the size of a small dog...

So... I was really thinking about getting a Taurus PT-111 Millenium as a concealed carry primary gun.
    I read lots of good and bad comments about the gun, main factor that detracts me from running to the sotre right now are trigger weight/feel (please, to be compared to a DAO revolver) Accuracy, and of course reliability...
    There are no much more options un my country, its either this, or a PT609 or a Millenium PRO, the rest are all bigger guns...

The only caliber I will accept is 9mm since i reload it and got tons of ammo to practice...

Please no go-buy-a-glock comments... I love them but the cost 3 times a Taurus over here...

Is the Taurus PT-111 Titanium such a bad pistols its not worth buying??? What would you get instead??? Remember please Im Argentinian!!!, no Kahrs, AMT, Rugers LCPs or things like that over here...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xeriotti View Post
    Hi people, its my first post on this Defensive Carry forum, so ill introduce myself first... Im Bruno Ceriotti, from Argentina, I work at a lawfirm and I stunt streetbikes for a living ( W W W . B R U N O C E R I O T T I . C O M ) also into IPSC Shooting, Airguns, Biketrial, Experimental aviation, Grayhounds, Skimboarding, and everything not-related-to-work-as-possible

Due to my Stuntjob I drive my truck nationwide and im exposed to lots of dangerous situations... Thats why I see myself in need of a super conceleable, accurate and reliable gun to count with... I have a Tanfoglio Combat "T" in 9x19mm wich is a bit rigged for competition shooting, I can blast heads of with this babe at 25 yards all day...but it weights 1200 grams and its about the size of a small dog...

So... I was really thinking about getting a Taurus PT-111 Millenium as a concealed carry primary gun.
    I read lots of good and bad comments about the gun, main factor that detracts me from running to the sotre right now are trigger weight/feel (please, to be compared to a DAO revolver) Accuracy, and of course reliability...
    There are no much more options un my country, its either this, or a PT609 or a Millenium PRO, the rest are all bigger guns...

The only caliber I will accept is 9mm since i reload it and got tons of ammo to practice...

Please no go-buy-a-glock comments... I love them but the cost 3 times a Taurus over here...

Is the Taurus PT-111 Titanium such a bad pistols its not worth buying??? What would you get instead??? Remember please Im Argentinian!!!, no Kahrs, AMT, Rugers LCPs or things like that over here...
    Since you are closer to Brazil, where the Taurus' are made, why don't you run up there and give the CEO a swift kick in the nutz because of the sorry quality control
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Bersa is way more reliable + the factory is 400kms from my house... warranty is just perfect over here...but the models are just too big (at least until the release that new polymer single stack :D )

Check out taurusarmed.net. I am a member over there too, I also own a Taurus pistol, though it is new.

There is tons of info there on any type of taurus pistol, and the guys are good and honest about the quality. I've been hearing nothing but good on Taurus pistols lately, which is why I bought one. Do your homework on that particular model, but I personally own the 24/7 Pro Compact, and I'm loving the size and feel of it.

Good luck!

Nice!!! Ill check over there....any other opinion on the pt111 ti???

I had a PT111 and after adj the rear sight a bit it wasnt bad. I ended up selling it to a friend because I found a good deal on an XD. Wish I would have just kept it and bought the XD to keep it company. Anyway, my frined has put a lot of rounds through it and has not had any issues thus far. Good luck and welcome.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Can't speak specificaly about the Ti model, but MrsFlyr has a Gen1
    Pt111 that has in the neighborhood of 1000rds thru it with zero issues. Her only complaint about it is the size/shape of the trigger guard, her finger scrapes it a little which makes it uncomfortable for her to shoot more then about 50-75 rds at a time thru it (good thing we have other things to shoot when we get to the range).

I also own a PT145 (don't shoot it much) with a little over 500rds thru it, also zero issues (cept I hated the straight 8 sights, so recently changed them over to Williams Fiber Optic Fire Sights)

Both my Taurus revolvers have been gem's as well.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Personally I think Taurus makes really good firearms and enough people own them now to confirm that belief. The problem with Taurus is their customer service. It leaves a bad taste in customers mouths and often sways new buyers from going with Taurus. All manufactures have problems with their firearms from time to time, its how they handle those problems that make the difference.

That said, I own two taurus pistols now. A model 85 ultralight, and a PT1911AR and I love them both.

I haven't shot the titanium pt, but my wife has the pink Mil-Pro pt111. Absolutely no issues with it. Shoots very nicely. I keep hearing people knock Taurus, but I have not heard any more horror stories about Taurus than I have heard about any other manufacturer. I actually hear and read more horror stories about a certain 1911 manufacturer from NJ than I do about Taurus, yet that company gets highly recommended. I love my wife's Taurus and if it wasn't pink I would carry it some days when I didn't feel like carrying my Colt. Our Taurus is highly dependable, rugged, and pretty accurate. I don't see any reason why the titanium model would be any different as it has exactly the same design.
    Last edited by Jaystekan; June 9th, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I dont know, ive heard lots of stories about the "horrible trigger" with long and heavy pull... inaccurate, not reliable guns that break and the list goes one....how much of this is real??? i really like the guin it may be a good option for me if i can make it work as it should... Im talking about the early model Pt-111 Millenium, titanium...

A good friend of mine has the MILLENNIUM PRO 745 .45 ACP COMPACT PISTOL IN STAINLESS STEEL

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Hes an auxiliary deputy sheriff, and carries it as his off duty pistol. The trigger is heavier and does not have the same crisp pull of my Glock 26, but he was able to qualify with it, and he has several hundred rounds through it with no problems.

This is the pistol im talking about, its a NON PRO Taurus T111 Millenium titanium in 9mm...

[QUOTE=xeriotti;1179743]This is the pistol im talking about, its a NON PRO Taurus T111 Millenium titanium in 9mm...

[IMG]http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus_PT111/MVC-

Very simular to the G26... Should be fine

I have the The Taurs Pro 9mm, yeah its shoots and has never failed to go bang and was priced well. But the ergo onthe grip is horrible it just too rough, the saftey, and slide release are plastic and feel "cheap" to me. I also bought a Bersa and for my money and if your from Argentina I would go with them over the Taurus.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

I have a few taurus guns and love them and NEVER had a major problem with them.. I have ran over 3000 bullets out my pt111 and NEVER had a jam or missfire. Only problem i ever had was with my PT140 and i sent it in without the clips and it took them abut 3-4 weeks to fix and they sent it back with two new clips (freebee)
    34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links