Taurus Firearms

Taurus Firearms

This is a discussion on Taurus Firearms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is everyone's opinion of Taurus firearms? Thanks...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Firearms

Taurus Firearms

What is everyone's opinion of Taurus firearms? Thanks

Senior Moderator
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

They make some good guns for the price you pay for them. You will hear horror stories, but you can hear that about every gun maker.

VIP Member
    I have never owned one, but my friend has a 24/7 PRO and really likes it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I've got a Judge. I had to send it back to Taurus dreading I would never see it again. I actually got it back within the 6-week time period they said I would and it's been great. It changed my opinion of Taurus and I'm actually considering a Taurus snubbie. (The prices are right.) A friend of mine at work owns a gunshop in TN and his opinion is they make good stuff. I live in NC and he's not trying to sell me one. I guess if you mass produce anything you're going to have your share of problems whether you're S & W, Ruger, Glock or anybody. I'm happy with my Judge and I may have another Taurus soon.
    Ruger MK III, Taurus Judge, Ruger P95, Rossi 357 Snubbie, NRA

I have owned two snubs. One was fine the other was a lot of trouble, and it took me a year to get it replaced. I then immediately sold it unfired.
    Taurus is iffy in my view. You might get a good one or trouble.

In many instances there is are better choices, but most who get a Taurus, find it perfectly satisfactory.

Regards,
    Jerry

The 1911's look really good.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    My .40 24/7 ate EVERYTHING without a hiccup. I couldn't shoot it worth a damn though and sold it.

My only complaint was in the way it field striped. A crap little wire held the takedown pin, and it could be a PITA.

Worth what I paid for it though. Went bang every time.
    Last edited by Arko; June 9th, 2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: grammer
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I've owned 5 of them, and had two minor problems (one was my fault) and one major problem that was due to faulty ammunition.

Taurus repaired the problems wonderfully via their Lifetime Repair Policy.

My stepson had an ugly situation with a 24/7 compact in 9mm. It just wouldn't fire about 70% of the time, despite being "repaired" TWICE.

I LOVE my PT1911. Only problem I had with it was a broken slide stop at about 1000 rounds. It's up to around 5000 now, with no further hiccups.

I've fired a few and I've liked all but the .25 auto. They tend to jam a lot but every .25 i've ever shot have had a tendancy to jam. I own a pt1911 and I love it

My experience is limited to 2 of them, a 24/7 Pro and a Model 617 revolver. Don't have a lot of rounds through either of them but so far no problems. The 24/7 has an especially nice feel in my hand. The wire holding the takedown pin is not a problem when you learn to angle the pin a bit when reinserting it.

I have a 24/7 Pro DS in 9mm. I chose it over the Glock 19, after having shot both of them. I have over 1000 rounds through it with only a couple of misfires. I chalk that up to the WWB range ammo. I will be buying a PT145 in the near future.

One thing I will say, though is that as soon as you get the gun, strip it, clean it well and lube it. The packing lube can hose things up first time at the range. But that's a good idea for any gun.

I found the stock trigger to be extremely smooth in both DA and SA, and having an extra chance in the case of a misfire is pretty nice, too. I even like the stock Heini (sp) sights.

I carry it now almost as often as my Randall. It's lighter and has a 10 round advantage over the Randall.

I would not hesitate to buy another Taurus.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I have a Taurus PT1911. Its a good gun, havent had any trouble with it, but I still prefer my Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    I have a Taurus PT1911. Its a good gun, havent had any trouble with it, but I still prefer my Springfield.
    +1. I really liked my PT 1911 for the cost it was a great gun. The only reason I got rid of it was to help out a friend. BTW you might check out Taurus Armed.net - Index. Lots of good info and owners there.

I have a PT-92AR that I have owned for about six years, couple thousand rounds through it at least and not one single problem.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links