Glock Night Sights or Trijicon?

This is a discussion on Glock Night Sights or Trijicon? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to buy a new Glock 19 with night sights but am undecided whether to get the Glock Night Sights or the Trijicon night ...

Thread: Glock Night Sights or Trijicon?

I'm going to buy a new Glock 19 with night sights but am undecided whether to get the Glock Night Sights or the Trijicon night sights that are put on at the factory.

I'll be using the GSSF discount certificate, so the price difference between the two isn't great:

G19 w/ GNS $455
    G19 w/ Trijicon $477

Anyone have any thoughts on pros/cons of one over the other? I've heard good things about both.

My G23 came with the Trijicons. I like them.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

I just bought a 26 with nite sights and it came with true dots,they seemed really bright.sj

My Glock 23 had the Trijicons when I purchased it and no problems. Then again I never seen the two side by side to see if there was a difference.

James

I put Trij's on both my Glocks...I highly recommend them!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i just bought a G19 with trijicon night sights and they are great, can't speak for the glock night sights, never used them.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

Thumbs up Tru-Glo TFO sights

Neither...I put Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium/Fiber Optic) sights on my G26 and love them! Bright in bright sunlight, and also glow in the dark. I got the front green/rear yellow combination to reduce the chance of mixing up the front sights with the rears while under stress.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I think both are the same but I'm not 100% on that. Personally I like Ameriglo Operators Grn/yellow the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Neither...I put Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium/Fiber Optic) sights on my G26 and love them! Bright in bright sunlight, and also glow in the dark. I got the front green/rear yellow combination to reduce the chance of mixing up the front sights with the rears while under stress.
    If you can give me a web address/link, I'll order so for my G26 today
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

How much can you get the stock Glock with factory plastic sights for? I like the Meprolight night sights over the Trijicons. To me they are larger, brighter, and a better sight picture. However...if you can get the G19 with Trijicons already installed for $477 then I say go for it. Last year my brand new G19 run me $459+tax and $75 for the Meps installed. I did not have a discount to use.

With standard sights it's $398. I spoke with the dealer today and they didn't have any in stock with either brand of night sights, but plenty of standard. They also said they couldn't order it, they just get what they get.

The GSSF paperwork says the dealer should be able to order it, so I'm not sure why they can't. But my dealer options are limited because I have to go to a Glock LE dealer to use the GSSF discount and they're the only one anywhere near me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianSW99 View Post
    With standard sights it's $398. I spoke with the dealer today and they didn't have any in stock with either brand of night sights, but plenty of standard. They also said they couldn't order it, they just get what they get.

The GSSF paperwork says the dealer should be able to order it, so I'm not sure why they can't. But my dealer options are limited because I have to go to a Glock LE dealer to use the GSSF discount and they're the only one anywhere near me.
    Okay then...we are getting somewhere now. More information is always good. Here's what I'd do if I were in your shoes. Buy the stock Glock with the plastic sights.......easy. Take it out of the box, and love it, work with it, and enjoy it. Then keep looking around and asking.....and possibly even trying some other night sight equipped Glocks to help make up your mind. Later on down the road you can go for the night sights and figure what you really want next time you have $80 to spare. If you go for the Meprolights you'll likely have more change in your pocket when you're done. If you go for the Trijicons, you'll live with them and have enough change left over for a cup of coffee. Best thing to do is make friends with your local gun shop, and then maybe you can order your night sights online and possibly have them installed for free. I have nothing bad to say about either brand of night sights mentioned here.....however my most recent Glock sports the Meps, and for good reason. Any other Glocks in my future will get the same treatment no matter how long I have to wait, or how many places I search. It's just as much a matter of a personal decision as the holster you'll be carrying your new Glock in, so that's why I recommend getting the Glock now and doing night sights later. The most it should cost you in the end is a $10 installation fee.

I have Meprolight night sites,on my Glock27,my S&W M&P 40 fs,and my Colt Commander has Meprolight night sights on it,with rear adjustable.I also have Crimson Trace Laser Grips on the Glock,and the M&P.

Sponsored Links