Anybody Carry the Walther PPS?

This is a discussion on Anybody Carry the Walther PPS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm getting ready to take a CHL Class and am thinking that I might be better off with Walther PPS in .40 then trying to ...

Thread: Anybody Carry the Walther PPS?

Anybody Carry the Walther PPS?

I'm getting ready to take a CHL Class and am thinking that I might be better off with Walther PPS in .40 then trying to honk my SA XDM or Kimber Pro CDP around all day in this Houston Heat & Humidity.

How do you carry your PPS? Do you carry spare mags? Which ones? Pics are Welcome!!!

2. Remove Ads

I carry a PPS in 9mm. I use the 7 and 8 rd mag depending on the clothing. I am using a Dakota Defender mostly, but also use a Com-tac Pro Undercover Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Pro Undercover Holster. They both conceal well, and the gun is just a dream for me. A good combination of 9mm power in a very slim light package.-Scott.
    Attached Images
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

I also carry a S&W 649 .38, or a Walther PPK/S .380 as a backup both in a De Santis Nemesis pocket holster MidwayUSA - DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster Ambidextrous Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, Ruger LCP Nylon Black -Scott.
    Attached Images
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

PPS 9mm, with the short 6-round mags. A spare mag in a DeSantis Magpacker. I've got about 500 rounds through it now, and the trigger is really smoothing out; I actually shoot bettter with the the short mags, j-frame style, than with the longer pinkie groove mags. Thin, light, reliable.

VIP Member
    What they said.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Crossbreed super tuck with an extra 8 round mag.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Talking Walther PPS CC Holster

I have tried several and don't like any of them! I did have a pocket holster made for my Browning 1911 and may have one made for the PPS also. At $35 for a handmade holster you can not go too wrong.

This week I received my concealed carry T-shirt from NRA and that is by far the most comfortable "holster" that I have! I tried one from Sportsmans Warehouse (?), $19 and not worth half of it!

The NRA T-shirt is comfortable and you can not even feel that you have a gun under your arm. A spare magazine (or more) would easily fit under the other arm, so far I have only carried one. It is not as easy to grab a magazine the right way -- compared to a belt magazine holster.

I guess I have to buy one more, since this "holster" has to be washed occasionally!

Yup - LOVE the PPS for carry. I have 7+1 in a Comp-Tac spartan, and a spare 8rd mag in LF pocket. Would like to figure out how to carry a second 8rd.

I picked up my PPS about 3 weeks ago and ordered a Comptac Minotaur, recieved it last Friday it is a fablously great carry package.

PPS 9MM i n either a Sherrick OWB with untucked shirt or a High Noon (Tuckable) Hidden Ally. Shot a 2 day class, 1200 rounds, with 8 and 7 round mags (6). Solid gun -very soft shooting actually. WWB 115 gr, and American Eagle 115

Quote Originally Posted by Roger R View Post
    I have tried several and don't like any of them! I did have a pocket holster made for my Browning 1911 and may have one made for the PPS also. At $35 for a handmade holster you can not go too wrong.

This week I received my concealed carry T-shirt from NRA and that is by far the most comfortable "holster" that I have! I tried one from Sportsmans Warehouse (?), $19 and not worth half of it!

The NRA T-shirt is comfortable and you can not even feel that you have a gun under your arm. A spare magazine (or more) would easily fit under the other arm, so far I have only carried one. It is not as easy to grab a magazine the right way -- compared to a belt magazine holster.

I guess I have to buy one more, since this "holster" has to be washed occasionally!
    Layering clothes doesn't work to well around here...2 hot!!!

usually with the 6 or 7rd mag in it but pictured here with the 8... (supertuck)
    its a 9... the mags for a 40 would be 5, 6, and 7...

jgp
    I carry mine when the G19 is impractical. It's a first edition and I shouldn't carry it at all to keep it looking good. I didn't think about that when I bought it. I don't have a proper holster for it yet, but I'm happy to see that CompTac and others have come around.

Left front pocket as a BUG. I love it. Over 3000 rounds and not failures. Just light clean and check every week plus detail clean after firing.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Links