Highpoint 9mm!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Highpoint 9mm!!!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a new one at a gun show recently for my son (his first actual gun he can call his own) he thinks all ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Highpoint 9mm!!!!!!

Highpoint 9mm!!!!!!

Picked up a new one at a gun show recently for my son (his first actual gun he can call his own) he thinks all mine are his anyway lots of fun at the range, accurate, and dirt cheap $135....now he will leave my S&W alone

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I would have waited until could have afforded to buy him something worthwhile.
    I bought my boy his first Handgun a glock 23.You can find used handguns reasonable or you use to be able to.I remember I latched on to a rifle, my father
    had a mossberg 36b 22 caliber which I still have today almost 46 years ago!It sounds like your son really taken to our sport try to give him something half decent so 20,30, years down the road he'll still be using it.There's nothing more enjoyable than having spending time with your son shooting ,hunting or just debating what you like better and why.My boy is a Senior in college now so I don't see
    him very much so take every minute and savior it because it goes so fast !

I hope he enjoys it. Mine goes bang every time.

Yeah, I hear ya. He will ultimately inherit all mine someday. My son just graduated HS yesterday and is headed to college (criminal justice) and he has always been interested in hunting fishing target practice, I believe he went squirrel hunting for the first time when he was 9. Anyway I thought the HP 9 was an inexpensive way for him to blow off lots of rounds at the range and not worry about beating up our more expensive toys......Thanks for the reply!!! P.S. hes been eyeing up my beretta .45

You'll find a lot of people here don't like the Hi-Points.
    I have a C9. It's been fun and reliable. It's heavy. Not something I would us as my IDC. I think it's a good choice for a starter gun. Best of luck.

Thanks. we just went to the range and fired 200rds seems to be an ok starter. But the price is what drew me to it. How can you go wrong for something to beat up at the range.

I've been doing a lot of checking in to these guns. I'd like to get one as a plinker. Can't beat the price and the feedback from actual owners is that they go bang every time.

MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I would have waited until could have afforded to buy him something worth wild.
    I bought my boy his first Handgun a glock 23.
    well whats better about a glock? After all if you were touching one in the dark u probably couldnt tell the diff in the glock and the Hi- Point.Ok the glock is lighter but at least with the Hi Point he wont likely blow his leg off, and ill bet ya that the Hi Point will be going bang just as long as your brick i mean glock, and if it aint they will fix it forever. Thats a long Time.My 45 goes bang everytime have fun.
    Last edited by Scott; June 15th, 2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Quote Originally Posted by rednecksport View Post
    Iwell whats better about a glock? After all if you were touching one in the dark u probably couldnt tell the diff in the glock and the Hi- Point.Ok the glock is lighter but at least with the Hi Point he wont likely blow his leg off, and ill bet ya that the Hi Point will be going bang just as long as your brick i mean glock, and if it aint they will fix it forever. Thats a long Time.My 45 goes bang everytime have fun.
    Hi-Points are great for the price,.. Glocks have been around a long time and are a great gun.. No reason to bash them,.. Most guns that are taken care of last a long long time..

I'm sure he'll love that Hi-Point and get allot of practice time out of it..
    Last edited by Scott; June 15th, 2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

Everybody needs to start somewhere....he'll start there and realize what a very high quality SD weapon is when he gets to it...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Did someone seriously just try to argue that the Glock and Hi-Point are comparable in quality?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Hi-Points aren't as bad as the gun snobs out there make them to be. For less than 150 dollars they're surprisingly accurate and they do go bang. Field stripping them can be a challenge, but I never field stripped the two I had. The C9 was the first 9mm I had ever fired in my life, and found out that is the handgun cartridge I shoot best.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

If he likes it and it goes bang that is all that matters.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

My first gun was the HP 380 compensated and then I got the 9mm compact. Neither have ever failed and I recently passed on the 9mm to a friend of mine as his first weapon. There is nothing wrong with them. The *only* reason I upgraded was because I wanted a slide release. I had both weapons for 10 years without any failure, 1000's of rounds.

Lifetime warranty from owner to owner and I can clean it with my Otis cleaning kit. No field stripping is necessary. Don't knock the gun.

Faitmaker, I hear ya. Ive seen alot more positive than negative reviews. Again this was just a gift my son can beat up on at the range. Now finding ammo, thats the ?????????

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links