Kahr P45 opinions and impressions

This is a discussion on Kahr P45 opinions and impressions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have now been carrying my Kahr P45 for a little over a week (after putting 500 flawless rounds through it). I gotta say that ...

Thread: Kahr P45 opinions and impressions

I have now been carrying my Kahr P45 for a little over a week (after putting 500 flawless rounds through it). I gotta say that I resisted buying this weapon because I HATE the trigger pull length/reset of the Kahr guns!

My dad has been carrying a PM9 for a while now and he just loves the size...I have wanted a smaller EDC for quite some time and although I really LOVE my M&P 45c...it is a bit bulky (of course I did not think the Kahr would be much better untill I tucked it in my belt for a trial walk around the store.

Gotta say, still don't like the trigger. Although I can shoot them just fine I have been spoiled. BUT, I love this gun from a carry standpoint. It is actually taller that the M&P 45compact but the thickness "feel" is 200% better. It weighs substantially less (carries 2 less rounds though) and is just plain paper thin for a .45!

Well, it is a natural pointer for me...the egronomics leave something to be desired but are light years ahead of my 442-2 with my large hands...I shoot it well...it rides light IWB and conceales better than any other .45 short of it's smaller sibling.

My thought was to cut down the frame farther for ultimate concealability but I do not feel it to be at all needed.

Oh, and great night sights as well!

Two thumbs way up for a concealed carry.
    Two thumbs way down for a fun to shoot gun..then again it was not designed as a 50,000 round weapon or a race gun...it does what it was designed to do and does it well in my honest opinion.

I wish I had not resisted as long as I did!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    My P45 struck me as the almost perfect CCW, good accuracy, pointable, concealable, powerful, a Hogue handall made it comfortable, great Mepro night sights, I even got to a point where I liked the trigger. It just did not prove reliable. I really wish it had. The P45 is the one pistol that could make me swith from my HK. I'm glad you got a good one.

I don't have a P45, but I do have a PM45. I just love toting this thing around IWB in the summer time. If you don't want to have your hand feel like it has been run over a cheese grater during shoot sessions, a cheap alternative to the Hogue is a bit of bicycle inner tubing on the grip.

Sorry I don't have a pic of the PM45 by itself with the tubing on it.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i loved mine too bad i got rid of it dident use it any more got a colt defender and i carry nothing else
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I have the CW45, just as thin as the P45 I believe.

I love mine. They are just amazing to carry and for whatever reason I can shoot it better than any other gun I own.

I too have the PM45 and love it.
    -LP
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Don't get me wrong on the trigger...I was not fair in describing it. It is long but glassy smooth with a great break. I personally don't shoot it nearly as well as my 1911 or M&P's but that is not to say it does not shoot well...it is just that I don't shoot it as well as I would like. NO complaints from a EDC gun, just talking from a racegun perspective.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    Don't get me wrong on the trigger...I was not fair in describing it. It is long but glassy smooth with a great break. I personally don't shoot it nearly as well as my 1911 or M&P's but that is not to say it does not shoot well...it is just that I don't shoot it as well as I would like. NO complaints from a EDC gun, just talking from a racegun perspective.
    Yeah, the trigger does take a little getting used to. That said, I do like the trigger pull better than my S&W 642.
    -LP
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Links