My new NAA Guardian 380....had to be repaired.

This is a discussion on My new NAA Guardian 380....had to be repaired. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I sent it back, my new gun with 160 rounds through it last week or so due to FTF and the mag would release ...

Thread: My new NAA Guardian 380....had to be repaired.

My new NAA Guardian 380....had to be repaired.

Well I sent it back, my new gun with 160 rounds through it last week or so due to FTF and the mag would release and was dropping into my hand after the 4th round fired....never had that happen with any semi-auto before.

They sent it back to me and I got it today.....pretty good turn around time for repair work. They replaced the retainer pin clip release, clip release spring, polished the feed ramp and chamber. I haven't shot it yet maybe try for tomorrow....

I'm still a little put out that this being bought brand new and these parts had to be replaced. I can maybe understand polishing the feed ramp and chamber. But it cost me $40.00 to overnight it back to them from my FFL dealer. Thought they would at least pick up the shipping as the pistol was NIB and only fired that once with the problems as described.

We'll try it again and see what happens...........

2. Remove Ads

Good luck...I loved my little 380 wish I hadnt sold it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

NAA's customer service is top notch...if you ask I bet they will make up the shipping costs to you....call and ask for Jennifer Plante. I have 2 NAA's and love em...actually have one in my right front pocket as I type this....almost forgot.

Got the gun out to the range this afternoon to try after repairs made to a new pistol by the manufacturer. Well, needless to say I was dissapointed again:

The gun function OK now in the single shot mode but when fired rapid fire, the 3rd and 4th rounds would jam and once again the magazine would fall out of the Mag well into my hand. This happened to both me and my son a few times and we took care not to touch the Mag. release button while fireing. We were using basic Win. 90gr. FMJ ammo.

I e-mailed the Company NNA and explained that I purchased this gun as a CCW and not a range target gun. IMO this gun is not reliable in it's present state and that's after being repaired once at there shop and at a cost of $40.00 shipping to me.

Now what ?

My ppk/s was doing that and it turned out to be the Pacmyer grips screw was to tight and not allowing the next round to chamber correctly. I loosened the grip to the point that they felt uncomfortable so I put the stock grips back and never had a problem again. Unlike your clip that was falling out mine was coming out at all. I guess the rubber on the inside of the grips was to tight.

That's interesting.....I'm not using the stock grips, but the Crimson Trace Grips that came on the gun from the manufacturer....wondering if these grips have something to do with the mag. dropping out of the mag well ?

Links