W. WA members question

This is a discussion on W. WA members question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, My wife gave me the go ahead to pick out a new firearm for my b-day. I am seriously thinking about a Glock 26 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. WA members question

VIP Member

W. WA members question

Hi,

My wife gave me the go ahead to pick out a new firearm for my b-day. I am seriously thinking about a Glock 26 or a Springfield XD 9 SC for everyday carry.

My question is not what gun I should get, but were I should get it from. Who has the best prices in the greater Seattle metro area? Some of the prices I am seeing are a bit high in my area. I bought my Glock 19 from butches years ago, but have not had a chance to get over there. I figure you guys might have some tips for me. Thanks in advance!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

C hawk,

I used to go to Discount Guns. They used to charge like a flat 8% over their cost on guns. Now, their name is a total misnomer and they are asking full retail MSRP on stuff.

You might want to check out Adventure Sports in the Lynnwood/Edmonds area. I've had good deals on stuff from them. Once in a while, Cabelas in Olympia will have a good deal on something.

Good luck.

VIP Member
    Alfack,

You hit the nail on the head! Discount guns made me start this thread. Their prices are sky high and I just can justify paying that much more money. The guys are always helpful, but not that helpful.

If your looking for a compact 9MM, the S&W M&P 9MM compact is excellent. I believe it to be a little better fit than the Glock 26 or sub compact XD9.

The two best prices for guns are Bens Loan in Renton and The Marksman in Spanaway.

Discount Guns is too high. Federal Way Discount guns have decent prices but the service is not friendly at all.

That's true. The Discount Guns in Federal Way is where I purchased a few handguns in the past and they had good prices. That was a long time ago and I assumed they were all the same. Apparently not. The one in Kirkland has high prices for sure.

If purchasing new, you might try Gunbroker online. Many Glocks, brand new, and lots of decent prices. Just find a FFL to ship it to. You can also sign up for the Glock Shooting Sports group and get a really great discount once a year on a new Glock.

I highly recommend Bens. I bought a GSG-5 there and paid $499 for it. Other places were well close to $600. The service is always excellent and most of the guys know what they are talking about. As always there are some younger guys that need a little more experience in selling guns. Not only that, they have guns in stock and ammo too.

Discount Guns southcenter or Champion Arms. I got my Glock 36 at Champion Arms for $600
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    Discount Guns southcenter or Champion Arms. I got my Glock 36 at Champion Arms for $600
    Sorry, but both those places are WAY too high!!

Believe me, I know.

I would check out Adventure Sports in Lynnwood also. I have found good help there along with decent prices. I will just throw out that I have been to Sams Gun Range in South Everett and in the past they have not had a large selection of pistols but I was there last Monday and they had a decent selection. I didn't spend much time looking as I was there to shoot, but you might check them out if you are close by.

prior to the election and the big run on guns, I went to Survival Arms in Belleview. Nice guy at the counter. XD40SC daily carry.

I stop by AMS in Woodinville now and then. very limited handgun selection but the shotgun and AR selection has realy grown. grabed another box of .300 win mag 180 grain today.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Sorry, but both those places are WAY too high!!

Believe me, I know.
    Wow...maybe I just got lucky with DGS in Everett but I purchased my Bersa through them(about 3yrs ago) and also hubby's new Springfield XD 40(last week....shhhh, it's a b'day gift) and got what I felt was a fair price on both based on online comparisons, visiting a couple of other shops and talking with people at the range I go to.
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

Try Pawn Fathers. Lynnwood or Everett. The Lynnwood store is their firearms HQ, but the Everett shop has a lot to offer. They are Glock and Taurus dealers, but have many other brands. They also have a 90-day layaway plan with 20% down.
    Discount in Everett isn't bad, either. I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

VIP Member
    Hi,

Have you guys ever had any experience with DJ's in Bothell? When I did some calling around, they seem to have some good prices and a lot to choose from.

You might give Bob @ Bear Arms a call, I've purcgased sever from him and he has always been fair. No one has mentioned Wade's. I haven't been there in quite a while so have no idea about their prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links