Citadel 1911 compact

Citadel 1911 compact

This is a discussion on Citadel 1911 compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone else on here buy one of these new Citadel 1911's in either size ? it's a steel frame compact the only thing missing ...

Thread: Citadel 1911 compact

Citadel 1911 compact

Has anyone else on here buy one of these new Citadel 1911's in either size ? it's a steel frame compact the only thing missing is a checkered front strap IMO . I haven't shot it yet cuz I'm adding a magwell , carbon trigger , ext slide stop , ext single side saftey and XTOR grips . Then it will be ready to go ! If anyone has shot one or has one let me know , THANKS

I just ran across one of these and was curious if anyone had any feedback, seemed like a nice gun for a reasonable price.

anyone?

An earlier thread.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...owa-1911s.html

I don't know anything about them

Compact Citadel 45

I own and carry a compact Citadel in .45 caliber. The only thing I added was the extended slide release. I love the way the gun shot out of the box, nice trigger pull for the price. The finish is wearing on the front of the slide. The pistol will not handle hollow point ammo. I would advise if you are carrying this for protection to stick with hardball. All in all, I don't think you can go wrong for the price, the pistol seems to be very well built and is comfortable to carry concealed, much more so than my full sized Colt. I would recommend this pistol.

Here's another thread started last week.
    New Compact 1911 - Citadel
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides" - Thomas Jefferson

Hey guys,
    45MINK, congrats on your new gun! I bought the exact same one about 1 1/2 months ago. Have been very pleased w/ it so far. Has handled about 150 rounds so far without any problems except for a single FTF on a handload (200 gr Lead SWC. I knew it was really to early to shoot a SWC, but I wanted to see how accurate the load would be as it was actually loaded for a different 1911.). It also handled well, and shot accurately, Rem Golden Saber 185 gr JPH's. I'm still trying to warm up to the Parkerized finish. I think some different grips will help improve it's looks. I don't think the finish is going to hold up real well, but for what I spent on it, I'm not going to be troubled. I've been very pleased w/ the accuracy and function of my Citadel Concealed Carry model. I've not tried any other mags for it yet. So far, it's carried well in a newly purchased Officer size Remora holster as well as a Woolfe Gun Leather Commander size holster. Good luck w/ your newest.

Links