Trust my life on a PT-609 PRO???

This is a discussion on Trust my life on a PT-609 PRO??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi there, my first post at this forum, Im Bruno Ceriotti from Argentina... I work at a law firm and also stunt motorcycles for a ...

Thread: Trust my life on a PT-609 PRO???

Question Trust my life on a PT-609 PRO???

Hi there, my first post at this forum, Im Bruno Ceriotti from Argentina... I work at a law firm and also stunt motorcycles for a living ( W W W . B R U N O C E R I O T T I . C O M ) due to the nature of my jobs (handling money, important documents and traveling nationwide sometimes to not-so-friendly places) I feel im in need of a carry gun to be with me most of the time...
    Getting a "CCW" isnt easy over here its only reserved to police, military and civilians with lots of money and power...
    I got a handguns...a Tanfoglio Stock, wich I use for IPSC shooting (Im a practical shooter :D)

I need something reliable, safe, light and concealeable, Oh... and cheap!!! (It would be a pitty to have an expensive gun all torn, rusted and scratched... )
    Taurus is made in Brazil, a few hundreds of kilometers from here so Im seriously thinking about getting a Taurus PT-609 PRO...

Tell me... Your experience with this gun... would you trust your life on it? Im interested on knowing the pros and cons of the pistol.... horror stories of malfunctions fails to feed, eject, misfires are welcome as soon as are real... I shoot a lot, it wont be a drawer gun...will it take the beat???

Thanks you all, your opinion is very important for me...

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the model of Taurus you mention. I do know that Glock makes practically indestructable handguns. Good luck with your search for the perfect weapon.

Aren't Bersa's Argentinian?

Cheap?!

That word should not be allowed in the same sentence as gun, reliable, etc.............

I would never trust my life or those I cared for with a "cheap" gun.

Buying a gun should be like buying a car. Take your time. Do some research and buy a decent gun. In the US around $500 is the benchmark for a decent gun. Depending on your needs and the caliber you can carry there, I would look at a Glock.

A Taurus here is 350 dolars.... a glock is 1100 dollars.... Not worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by xeriotti View Post
    A Taurus here is 350 dolars.... a glock is 1100 dollars.... Not worth it...
    What a ripoff!!

What other guns can you buy?

Looks like a decent compact to sub-compact 9mm. Manual safety, double action only -light and concealable. Taurus makes a pretty good gun. I'd carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Czampion View Post
    Looks like a decent compact to sub-compact 9mm. Manual safety, double action only -light and concealable. Taurus makes a pretty good gun. I'd carry one.
    Please let me correct you... The "pro" model... works just like a regular 24/7... when you rack the slide the pistol chambers a bullet and is ready to fire in single action... if theres a misfire you can press the trigger as many times as you want in double action...

But is everythings okay its always ready to fire single action, double is just an added feature to re-strike a primer... thats why i guess it has a manual safety...

About other guns that I can buy... all the Bersas (local guns) Glocks, Sigs, HKs, Berettas, Tanfoglios (already got a Combat T :D), Steyrs, Smith n Wessons Rugers.... pretty much all the guns you guys can have... but a huge difference in price for the Euro or US made guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Czampion View Post
    Please let me correct you... The "pro" model... works just like a regular 24/7... when you rack the slide the pistol chambers a bullet and is ready to fire in single action... if theres a misfire you can press the trigger as many times as you want in double action...

But is everythings okay its always ready to fire single action, double is just an added feature to re-strike a primer... thats why i guess it has a manual safety...

About other guns that I can buy... all the Bersas (local guns) Glocks, Sigs, HKs, Berettas, Tanfoglios (already got a Combat T :D), Steyrs, Smith n Wessons Rugers.... pretty much all the guns you guys can have... but a huge difference in price for the Euro or US made guns...

Looks like a nice carry pistol. Is there any place you can rent one and try it out before you but it?

No that I know... I got a friend who owns a PT111 buts its a totally different gun.... The trigger sistem is exactly the same as a 24/7... the external dimensions, just like a pt111 PRO...

Its either 355 dollars for this... or...
    850 dollars for a Glock 19... (Maybe can get a used 17 at 700 dollars but no less than that...)

Glocks work, ive shot them, i know they rock....dont like the grip, and dont like the fact thats theres no manual safety on it.... thats why im looking elsewhere...

Links