Upgraded

Upgraded

This is a discussion on Upgraded within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been concerned that my Bersa .380 might not have enough stopping power so I am waiting for a Tarus Judge to arrive. I ...

Thread: Upgraded

Upgraded

I have been concerned that my Bersa .380 might not have enough stopping power so I am waiting for a Tarus Judge to arrive. I have liked the idea of the 410/45. In order to make it as easy to conceal as possible I ordered the 2 1/2" chamber with the 3" barrel. I would like to hear pros and cons from the experts.

Thanks,

Q

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Is it too late to cancel the order and spend your money on something else for CC?
    I would prefer anything else, as a shotgun it sucks, as a .45colt its ok.
    There are just so many better choices for the money.
    The 3" is slightly better actually then the 2.5" model do to the better shotgun usefulness.
    Also its huge, heavy, and impractical.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Is it too late to cancel the order and spend your money on something else for CC?
    I would prefer anything else, as a shotgun it sucks, as a .45colt its ok.
    There are just so many better choices for the money.
    The 3" is slightly better actually then the 2.5" model do to the better shotgun usefulness.
    Also its huge, heavy, and impractical.
    I agree. The Taurus revolvers I have had were nothing but trouble. There are much better options. 410 for self defense is useless.

No-one uses a .410 shotgun (long gun) for self defense. Why would .410 shells from a short handgun barrel be viable for defensive purposes then?

Penetration with .410 is inadequate for defense. As mentioned, there are many better choices.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Taurus judge=gimmick. Taurus 85 or 605 (38/357)=great carry gun.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Get a Glock, get a 1911, get something more useful and easier to conceal...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have to say I'm with everybody, look for something else.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

As has been said above not the greatest for defense here is a little unscientific data to back that statement up The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1

Another concern would be if it is lawful to carry as a CC weapon. In Ohio Shotguns are mentioned in the law as being illegal to CC even with a permit. Now you could argue its a revolver not a shotgun but if you ever had to use it, I would not want to add it the list of things to be argued about in a court room.

Great auto defense... great home defense gun....but buy something else for a CC Weapon. Glock 19, Sig p239, Kahr cw9, 40, 45. Not a Judge.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Taurus revolvers have a spotty rep in general, some like theirs and have had no issues with their guns, but if you look around at this and most other firearms forums they do not have a generally strong repretation. All manufacturers have a lemon from time to time and even the top makers have some issues with a certain percentage of their offerings but the guns from the "Bull" have way to many issues for me to spend my hard earned gun dollars on. The main reason they are cheaper than compairable guns is they take shortcuts in the manufacturing process and don't fit and finish the internals as well as S&W as an example. That said the Judge is a waste of money IMO, It might make a decent trail / boat gun but not a good pick for carry.

On a more positive note the Bersa hanguns are a lot of bang for the buck and generally well made and reliable. I have a Bersa Firestorm Mini 45 Pro and its a great compact .45acp handgun
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

IMO, a 9mm auto would be a much better choice.

Yeah get a 9mm auto, Glock 26 or 19, XD Compact. I dont CC nor do I use my pistols for SD but ive been on these forums long enough and read more posts than I care to remember pointing out the G19 or G26 as being a mighty fine CC weapon.

I too watched the "Box of Truth" video series, it was a real eye opener and really busted up some of the myths arounds stopping power, exotic ammunition etc etc.

theres just so many more important things other than calibre that factor in, good shot placement, nice trigger, reliability, add on accessories, easy to conceal.

Just to name a few.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    I have been concerned that my Bersa .380 might not have enough stopping power so I am waiting for a Tarus Judge to arrive. I have liked the idea of the 410/45. In order to make it as easy to conceal as possible I ordered the 2 1/2" chamber with the 3" barrel. I would like to hear pros and cons from the experts.

Thanks,

Q
    I know you've already been redirected but you were better off with the Bersa. Good luck.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Box O Truth is always interesting. So should we not believe Taurus' avertising?
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Sponsored Links