Firing Glock 26 one-handed

This is a discussion on Firing Glock 26 one-handed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. I'm leaning towards the Glock 19 for my range and CCW. But I'm also attracted to the Glock 26 for slightly better concealability ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firing Glock 26 one-handed

Question Firing Glock 26 one-handed

Hello everyone. I'm leaning towards the Glock 19 for my range and CCW. But I'm also attracted to the Glock 26 for slightly better concealability and weight.

I admit I don't like the grip on it, but people have said it becomes a non-issue with practice. But how does it work when fired one-handed? I'm just thinking ahead to a defensive situation where I might not be able to use both hands to get a firm grip on it and would require one-handed shots.

I realize that I could get a grip extension, but at that point I might as well get a G19 for the full 15 rounds.

In the end, I may get the 19 partly because I'm still a student, and the sacrifice on size might not gain me more conceal time since my campus doesn't allow for CCW.

2. Remove Ads

I have a 19 and a 26 - if I could only have one, it would be the 26. You can always turn it into a quasi-19 by dropping in a longer barrel and a higher-capacity magazine.

I added a Pierce grip pinky extension to my 10-rd G26 mags. It still prints less than the 19, because the part that prints is the bottom back corner of the grip.

One-handed shooting with the 26 is no problem.

Only real advantage to the 19 is the accessory rail - if you ever plan on using it.

Both are excellent guns.

As far as carrying on campus goes - hard choices there. All I will say is - take a look at the holster I use. And start educating your fellow students and faculty.

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

G26 is my carry choice. I only have one Glock so far. I chose the 26 because it is so concealable.

You can definitely fire one handed even without a pinky extender. It just takes some practise. That being said I normally carry IWB and I have a pinky extender on for that. But when I carry in my Smartcarry or in a pocket I carry without an extender.
    Question Everything!

I would go with the Glock 26. It is very concealable & you can use magazines from the G17 & 19 as well. I have two ten (10) round magazines & three (3) 15 round magazines. All the 9mm magazines are interchangeable in the G26.

I qualified with my G26 without the magazines extensions. This gun is easy to fire with one hand with a little practice. I later added Pearce magazine extensions for a little more stability. I can do without them but I prefer having them on my 10 round magazines.

You can see the pic of my G26 on the left!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I have a 19 and a 26 - if I could only have one, it would be the 26. You can always turn it into a quasi-19 by dropping in a longer barrel and a higher-capacity magazine.

I added a Pierce grip pinky extension to my 10-rd G26 mags. It still prints less than the 19, because the part that prints is the bottom back corner of the grip.

One-handed shooting with the 26 is no problem.

Only real advantage to the 19 is the accessory rail - if you ever plan on using it.

Both are excellent guns.

As far as carrying on campus goes - hard choices there. All I will say is - take a look at the holster I use. And start educating your fellow students and faculty.

Good luck!
    My wife has the Glock-26...I added the Pearson pinky extension (w/o extra rounds) and it improves the grip and does not limit the concealment.
    She has no problems with the '26', and firing with one hand is not a problem.
    Get the Glock-26.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacMc View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm leaning towards the Glock 19 for my range and CCW. But I'm also attracted to the Glock 26 for slightly better concealability and weight.

I admit I don't like the grip on it, but people have said it becomes a non-issue with practice.
    Get what's most comfortable to start. Unless you're really experienced with Glocks, the 26's easier concealibility will also mean 1/2" less of grip for you to grab under pressure. If you are wondering about firing a 26 one-handed, you probably haven't been shooting anything enough one-handed.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Don't forget about the GAP floorplates. I held a G27 with them installed and liked the feel. They help a lot with getting a good grip on the little Glock. I'm going to get some myself for my G33.

my g27 i shoot 2 handed, single handed, left handed , right hand,
    behind my back, beween my legs, over my shoulder,
    because you never know,
    One must practice, loading and chambering a round with either hand

I start practice , shooting with my G35. and finish up with the G27.
    Glocks

Have the 26 too no problem on handed, No problem behind the back over the shoulder shot. Well the last comment a little diffcult.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I use a G27 (same size as 26) one-handed with no problems using the standard magazine. When I carry it, I add the OEM +2 extension that adds a pinky rest as well as the extra cartridges.

I have a Glock 26 with the extensions. With or without the extensions there is no problem firing it one handed. On the other hand, there is also no issue with concealing a model 19.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Shooting the 26 one handed shouldn't be a problem, especially with practice &/or adding a pinky ext. or round extender. However, for me only, I prefer carry IWB appendix & find the longer slid of the 19 to be more comfortable. The 26 digs in, while the 19 lays over. Hope that came across right, lol.

However, you can, in a pinch, pocket carry the 26 whereas you really can't do that with the 19, unless it's some lg. cargo pockets.

Personally, I kept my 19 & replaced the 26 with a Kahr PM9 (Although I've since replaced that with a Kahr P45). The 19 rail is an advantage, especially at night & for classes/training.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I will piggy back off of what everyone says. You can shoot a sub-compact with one hand, and have no issues.. I have a 27, and a 23, but I always go back to the 27 as my "go to" pistol. You'll enjoy, and I find my pref. is to leave the magazines as they come, standard..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I prefer the 19 over the 26. Had both, and traded the 26, but I still have a 27. I just love the feel and grip of the 19, and in reality, with a quality holster such as an M-Tac, the 19 is no harder to conceal, and easier and faster to draw.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I have a G23 and a G27. I prefer my 27 with the GAP plates.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links