Glock .357

This is a discussion on Glock .357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone heard of there being any issues cropping up with the .357sig flavor Glocks? Been thinking of getting a G32. Thanks,...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock .357

Glock .357

Anyone heard of there being any issues cropping up with the .357sig flavor Glocks?

Been thinking of getting a G32.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Only thing I've heard is ammo availability is limited, but what caliber isn't these days...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

That is an excellent gun. Our Local SD issues the 31 and loves it. Ballistically it is a superduper powerhouse. Basically a .357 magnum in an auto. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one if you can find ammo.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have a 357Sig in an S&W M&P. It is basically a 9mm on steroids. I like it alot, it is my daily carry with a Crimson Trace laser attached. I have found that you have to look really hard to find ammo. WalMart and Ammunitiontogo are my main avenues for ammo right now. There are many other websites which I will not name but ammo can be found but it is just on the expensive side right now when you add in the shipping charges.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Just got myself a G33 but haven't had much time with it. I scored a bunch of ammo online for a great deal that should be here any day. I'll get a lot more time at the range with it then. I'll probably still pickup a 9mm barrel for it also since I have a bunch of 9mm available. It's my second Glock (G29SF my other) and so far I like it a lot. It may even take over my main EDC (Kahr PM9) as it's very compact, reliable, easy to carry and packs a mean punch. I haven't heard of any issues with the 31/32/33s. It's a typical Glock. No frills, reliable and gets the job done.

My buddy got a G32 a few weeks ago and he loves it. It's not as small as the 33 but still a great size for carry and while I haven't shot it, it may handle the recoil better than the 33 (not that the recoil is unmanageable). A 32 with an extra 9mm barrel for light range days might be the ticket for the 'if I could only have one' role. I may even get one myself.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I have a G-32C and I am making the decision to use it as my carry gun. I have the Crimson Trace laser on my G-19 because my wife can use it better. I'll probably get C T for the G-32 soon.

I recently picked up a G32C also. Amazing gun! Faster back on target than my G19 with substantially more ballistics. It's so fast it barely has time to recoil.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I looked on the website and don't see the G32c?

Never mind... found it.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

I have a glock 32 and love it great carry gun.

I ask because the owner of the local gun shop said that the New Mexico State Police (I think it was) dropped the Glock .357 in favor of the Sig due to them not holding up under the stress of the higher power cartridge.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    I ask because the owner of the local gun shop said that the New Mexico State Police (I think it was) dropped the Glock .357 in favor of the Sig due to them not holding up under the stress of the higher power cartridge.
    Interesting...... I would love to know if in fact NM State Police dropped this caliber...... It is an awesome round.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Only thing I've heard is ammo availability is limited, but what caliber isn't these days...
    Sadly........ this is true.... ammo is NOT (very) available these days

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    Interesting...... I would love to know if in fact NM State Police dropped this caliber...... It is an awesome round.
    They didn't drop the round, just the Glock. (As was told to me) They went with the Sig Sauer. I can't find any corroboration on this though.
    Last edited by johnsonabq; June 23rd, 2009 at 11:42 PM.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

I really like mine. The great thing about it if you decide to get it in the Glock variety is that you can get drop in barrels in either 9mm or .40. I have a G33, but I also have a drop in barrel from Lone Wolf in .357 sig for my Glock 23.

And no, I have not heard of any issues with reliability.

I have a Glock 33 and a G-23 (40) with a stock Glock 32 barrel. Have fired many many rounds through both without any problems. I even use the 40 mags with the 32 barrel. I love the 357 Sig round, flat shooting and hard hitting. As far as ammo goes I now see more 357 Sig rounds available than 9MM or 380acp. for example I went to Wally World today no 45's 9MM, 380acp, 38spl or 40 cal. The only rounds they had left was 3 boxes of 357 Sig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links