Taurus pt 111

Taurus pt 111

This is a discussion on Taurus pt 111 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am new to this forum and i know they may have come up but i love this concealed gun...but people i have talked to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus pt 111

Taurus pt 111

i am new to this forum and i know they may have come up but i love this concealed gun...but people i have talked to are not to crazy about this gun...why?

I carry a Taurus PT111 everyday, do a search for Taurus and you will find sevearl threads about them

In short, their quality use to be hit or miss early on, but has improved greatly. The biggest draw back is their customer service, they will honor their warrenty, but it might take sevearl trips and many months for your gun to be fixed.

I think they make good quality guns, but their early days have left a bad taste in some peoples mouths
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

The PT111 "Millennium" is a very good firearm. While I do not own this particular model, I've handled it and can say with relative certainty that it was well designed for a compact 9mm defensive pistol. Some have talked of issues feeding ammo reliably but this can so often be traced back to the type of round being used (grain weight, bullet design) that I don't believe it is an inherent flaw in the gun. Find the right ammo, keep the gun clean and it will function as it should. Sweet little pistol -don't let "them" change your mind about it if you are pleased with it.

People mainly talk down about all Taurus guns. I had a PT1911 and it was a great gun. You might want to check out Taurus Armed.net - Index

I don't know why they are not crazy about it. Maybe because it doesn't say Glock, Sig, HK, or Kimber?

I like mine, switch between it and my Taurus 24/7 Pro Ds in 9mm. Have never had any problems with either of them.

IMO, for the price paid and the function given it does what I want. Goes boom every time I pull the trigger, hits where it is supposed to and doesn't bother me if it gets some wear and tear from daily carry and use.

Other folks have different opinions and I am sure some will be expressed here, some from folks that have owned and used a PT111 and some from folks who are just expressing their opinions. Take them all for what they are worth.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I have a pt-140 millennium pro and I LOVE it. I know taurus has had a spotty past, but I've encountered nothing negative about mine.

Welcome to DC btw.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

They have a questionable quality issue...I have had 3 models, a millenium in titanium that was a dream to carry....a bit snappy to shoot though, but very light. I had a model 85 that went back for repair....great service...but honestly, I lost faith in it due to needed repairs....I think people are so used to the history of quality and reliability form the Glocks etc, that a lot of people tend to shy away from guns with repair histories...my 2 cents.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Every manufacturer has issues with some guns, it's just the nature of the beast.
    When a 1k gun has a problem it's "finicky", from a Taurus it's "shoddy"...lol

I love shooting my wife's pt111 mil-pro. Unfortunately it's pink so carrying it may be a issue, but I am seriously considering purchasing one of my own.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I carry both pt111 and pt145 3 gen pros and love them both.

wow....i did not knwo so many people love the pt-111...i am glad i am not the only one who loves their's.....post more pics ...

I like my Mil-Pro as well. So far I've sent 600 rounds downrange without a problem.

MTee
    Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec SS .45
    Springfield XD Service 9mm
    Taurus Mil-Pro PT111 9mm
    NRA Member

Sent 100 last Saturday. Probably got 4000-5000 in the past year. I don't get to go out much.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

jwr
    I got my PT111 in February and love it. No problems so far. Carry it everyday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links