is this a defective Kahr CW9??

This is a discussion on is this a defective Kahr CW9?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was cleaning my Kahr CW9 this afternoon,and noticed what first appeared to be a crack on the inside of the polymer frame.it was about ...

Thread: is this a defective Kahr CW9??

I was cleaning my Kahr CW9 this afternoon,and noticed what first appeared to be a crack on the inside of the polymer frame.it was about a inch and half long and runs just under the slide rail on the polymer frame(where the barrel fits in) my finger nail catches on it.Is this part of the molding process or should i be concerned about this? anyone else have this on their CW9?

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    I was cleaning my Kahr CW9 this afternoon,and noticed what first appeared to be a crack on the inside of the polymer frame.it was about a inch and half long and runs just under the slide rail on the polymer frame(where the barrel fits in) my finger nail catches on it.Is this part of the molding process or should i be concerned about this? anyone else have this on their CW9?
    Pic's maybe? I'll take mine apart latter and look if no one beats me too it but pic's are worth a thousand words
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

i dont think it's defined enough to show up in a picture.you really have to hold it at just the right angle with perfect lighting to see it.

Before you take the pic activate the macro on your camera and can use any light it will look good(macra can take really define pics)
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Is it a crack (irregular in shape) or a mold part line (straight)? Does the plastic around it move if you press on it?

Pics would help.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Is it a crack (irregular in shape) or a mold part line (straight)? Does the plastic around it move if you press on it?

Pics would help.
    no, it's definitely not a straight line.very irregular..under the other slide rail on the oppisite side on polymer frame it's nice and smooth.i can say 100% it's not a seam.

UPDATE---I took a really close look with a magnifiying glass and a bright light..appears to be a long scrape and not a crack,possibly made during the assembly process..doesn't appear to be anything that will worsen or affect the gun,but will keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by crue2009; June 25th, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Here's the best I can do with pics of mine. I see no crack looking things of any kind tho.
    Attached Images

Best to call Kahr, and ask. If it is a defect they should pay for the transportation, and replace it.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by PackN View Post
    Here's the best I can do with pics of mine. I see no crack looking things of any kind tho.
    thanks for posting those pics.the 1st picture you posted,it's just beneath that slide rail..Under a magnifiying glass,it looks like a long scrape rather then a crack.i think it will be ok,but will see if i can get some pictures posted.

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    thanks for posting those pics.the 1st picture you posted,it's just beneath that slide rail..Under a magnifiying glass,it looks like a long scrape rather then a crack.i think it will be ok,but will see if i can get some pictures posted.
    I didn't see anything that resembled a crack or scrap on mine. Maybe something got caught up there and just put a slight scratch where you are talking about. Hopefully it's nothing.

here's a few pics..looks to be nothing more then a scrape.it actually goes all the way to the end of the frame but it's not showing up in the pics..
    Attached Images

Looks like a scrape, odd place for it.

Sponsored Links