Pics - New Bersa Thunder CC

This is a discussion on Pics - New Bersa Thunder CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a new Bersa Thunder CC a few days ago, basically for the wife ... sort of. I wanted a small carry piece that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics - New Bersa Thunder CC

I purchased a new Bersa Thunder CC a few days ago, basically for the wife ... sort of. I wanted a small carry piece that my wife could 'take a shine to'. The Bersa is petite, low recoil, and with the rounded grip I figured would not dig into my wife's side should she choose to carry it. It is a snag-free design that has many possibilities for carry.

Part of what I hope will help my wife to 'take a shine' to the Bersa is that I ordered custom grips from Dennis Marschal, and had these grips custom engraved with the head of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (we have three of these dogs):

I also picked up a UBG Bonneville holster for it.

I'm not sure how the holster will work out for the wife, but it definitely works out well for me. It carries the Bersa tight against the body but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. The holster hugs the contours of my body so closely that I'm sure I can wear it Jeans 'N T-Shirt without printing.

Initial firing at range:

100 rounds of Magtech FMJ went though it without a hitch, no malfunctions. Targets were 12-15 feet out and all shots were within a four inches of the bullseye. This was shooting off-hand - lousy eye sight and lousy marksmanship combined and somehow I put the projectiles where they needed to go. Not bad for a gun with itty bitty sights.

Then I tried Wolf Ammo. The Wolf Ammo was so bad that more often then not I could not even feed the first round from the mag. Totally unacceptable. Lesson learned: no more Wolf Ammo.

Conclusion: The Bersa is an inexpensive .380 with very little felt recoil. The custom grips add a great deal of personality to this little gun and the UBG holster makes it highly concealable for daily carry should I or my wife decide to carry it. It will not be replacing the Kahr P40 or 4inch 1911 that I usually carry but it's nice have options and in these uncertain times I wanted to expand my stable.

I'm very happy with the purchase and wanted to share a few photos. Enjoy!

cmb

good notes

I have looked at the bersa next to a sig and liked the way the bersa felt better, I have shot neither and don't really need another 380 but I think it would be my pick, hoep you like enjoy! Best wishes finding ammo...

Nice gun and looks good on your belt. I think it has a lifetime warranty too, doesn't it?
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice pics and unit congrats
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

VIP Member
    I opted for the SIG although the Bersa does look very nice.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quite a nice looking pistol and holster you have there.

(Nice touch with the dog on the grip.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bersa is a great little pistol. The CC model really hides well, and my GF also likes to carry hers. She has a CompTac pro undercover (Now another model name), and really has no issue other than the ammo. being a bit hard to find.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I have the Bersa Thunder .380, not the CC. I love it. Once I adjusted the rear sight it has been dead on. It is very comfortable to carry and it goes with me as a BUG or on it's own on quick trips to 7-Eleven and such. She will enjoy it. Sweet gesture on the grips.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

I have fallen in love with the Bersa line. I have the BT380 duo tone and the 9UC which is my EDC. I decided to get a Kel-Tec P3AT for my bug. If you haven't checked out Bersatalk.com take a look theres lots of great info there.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by drs1457 View Post
    Nice gun and looks good on your belt. I think it has a lifetime warranty too, doesn't it?
    Yes, it has a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser. Wouldn't it be great if cars were warrantied like guns are?

EW3
    Excellent gun! One of my favorite .380's! The Marschalko brothers make some nice grips, I have Bubinga on mine currently and another set in Walnut on order.

I had a $650 Sig P232 and the $250 Bersa Thunder 380CC at one time.

Sold the Sig and never looked back!

Sometimes "costs more" doesn't mean "better"
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Nice find.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I am a firm believer you get what you pay for generally, but the Bersa line is one of the few true bargins for a well made quality firearm today. The custom grips by Dennis Marschalko look outstanding on this Bersa. I have his work on 6 of my handguns and all look and handle great. Very nice setup indeed and it rides nicely in the new leather.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Part of the bargain is due to little more than "rate of exchange" between US Dollars and Argentinian currency. Their economy melted down in 1991 and really hasn't recovered all that much. Argentina is just about the only place on the planet where our dollar still has miracle power thanks to their own sorry-state. If the Bersa were made in Europe we'd see a very different cost structure to their products.

I came very close to buying the Bresa 380 double stack, it was really sweet but then the Taurus PT 845 caught my eye and the rest is history. Nice touch on the grips I like those alot!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links