First Gun?

First Gun?

This is a discussion on First Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading another post about someone getting their first gun. I can remember the excitement, although the memory is fading. My dad gave me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Gun?

First Gun?

I was reading another post about someone getting their first gun. I can remember the excitement, although the memory is fading. My dad gave me my first handgun when I was 12, that was 48 years ago. As with many treasures, I've never parted with it. Made a few modifications but the old "warhorse" still looks pretty good. I couldn't even guess the thousands of rounds that have been fired through this gun. Anyone else still have their first gun?

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i got mine at 19 i bought it off my father it was a Taurus 357 mag
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Yep, I still have my first firearm it is a Sears Model 200 12 gauge, and I have my first handgun Ruger Security Six
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Still have my single shot 12g from 1980, my son now shoots it....:):):):):):)

Nope, don't have it anymore, and could kick myself for selling it every time a thread like this comes up.

A Ruger P95 decocker model I bought not too long after my 21st birthday. My dad hated it, as he's always been a revolver man. Served two purposes at the time, let me exercise my 2nd amendment rights, and still be a rebellious kid.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

That's a cool first gun, Chief...although I just about never shoot it, I'll never get rid of my cheapo Marlin .22LR...was my first, picked it up the day I turned 18, almost 13 yrs ago. It was the only gun I could afford at the time lol...

First gun is special to any gun owner...yours is cooler than mine, especially since your dad gave it to you...that makes it even better.
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    My first gun that was actually my own was a single shot 20ga that I think my Dad got from Sears. He gave it to me when I was about 11 to be my first gun to use deer hunting (w/slugs). I still have it back in my parent's house in PA. I'll be making a car trip up there this upcoming fall and I'll bring it and a bunch of other guns back with me to FL.

First gun I got was a Mossy 500 my dad gave me. The first Handgun I bought for myself was my USPT 45. I love them all.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

First gun was for my eighth birthday.....Marlin Glenfield model 65C 22lr. I actually traded it about 9 years ago for my first 10/22 target model. No remorse. First pistol? Gift also....Interarms Mauser HSC .380 auto. Had it and shot it for a few years, then traded it in on a Norinco 1911A1 when they came out. First gun I paid for myself was a Mossberg 500 in 20ga. First pistol I paid full price for was a Ruger P89DC. I've come a long way since the old days, and I'm where I want to be.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I own both my first rifle I ever got, and my first handgun I purchased. I will never sell them. First rifle is a Lil Champ .22, first handgun is a Sig P220 .45. If I have kids then these will be passed on, if I don't then they go to my sisters kids.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

My first gun was a Stevens 12GA side-by-side with 28" barrels. I purchased it (with parental approval) at the tender age of 15.

I still remember going into my father's office (which is where the gun was kept) to polish the stock and swing that gun to my shoulder as I leveled the barrels at an imaginary duck or snowshoe hare...

Regrettably, in the two years since then, I have sold it to fund other firearms purchases.

When I was a kid I used to shoot my Dad's Marlin .22 - what a thrill - that was the gun that got me hooked shooting at tin cans. The first one that I purchased with my own money was a Remington 7400 chambered for 30-.06.

I still have the first gun I ever owned it is a Savage model 24 22LR over a 410 3 inch it looks like a fence post but still shoots like a champ.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    My first rifle was a Savage 110E; 30-06 I bought while in the Navy. First handgun was a S&W 28; 357Magnum also bought while in the Navy. Both got away from me via moving & divorcing.
    Oh... the guns I've owned and let get away during the course of my life.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

My first rifle was purchased by me...A Winchester Model 70 Classic Sporter LT in 270, my Dad doesnt hunt so I had to learn myself. My first handgun was a Glock 23 bought by my parents for a college graduation, it is my EDC.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links