Taurus 1911 owners need feedback

This is a discussion on Taurus 1911 owners need feedback within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wonder if anyone here on defensive carry owns a Taurus PT1911? I'm interested in a light rail version and anything you can tell ...

Thread: Taurus 1911 owners need feedback

Taurus 1911 owners need feedback

I was wonder if anyone here on defensive carry owns a Taurus PT1911? I'm interested in a light rail version and anything you can tell me good or bad would be helpful. Does anyone here know if the the Taurus 1911's use a forged or cast frame/slide? Is it a quality 1911 for the money? Thanks for any help with this.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

I bought one about 2 months ago and it seems to be a very well made pistol. good tight groups for what i can shoot. sweet trigger, as good/better than my SA loaded. only 100 rounds through it as i cannot aford to shoot as much as i wanted to, and ammo is still scarce round here. fit is very tight. over all it is a very good gun for being an impulse purchase.
    "Welcome to Tennessee, the great state of shootin' stuff." Mark Wahlberg The Shooter
    "It's like killin' roaches, You hafta kill 'em all, otherwise whats the point." Charlie Bronson Death Wish 3

JD
    Administrator
    The PT1911 uses a forged frame on their steel guns, I don't know about the alloy framed guns, which the railed models are...

From their website:
    Destined to become the standard that all 1911 pistols are compared against, the Taurus 1911 offers you the most accurate and feature-laden model on the market today. Starting with our own hammer-forged -not cast - ordnance grade steel frames, slides and barrels, we machine each and every part to tolerance levels that surpass even today's industry standards. Our skilled pistol smiths hand-fit and tune each gun with the 19 standard features seen below, using quality parts that are built 100% in our state-of-the-art factory. Then they mark the slide, barrel and frame with matching serial numbers. Available in the powerful .45 ACP, this aggressive, rock-solid firearm is ready to go right out of the box. The Taurus 1911 is an unbeatable gun that is also an unbeatable value.

i put a few rounds through one belonging to a local firearms instructor. never had an issue. and the gun gets handled by a lot of pistol amateurs like myself.

The one I had was great and the quality of the parts was good for the price. The only complaint I had is that the blued finish wears off and scratches easily. If I were you I would get the stainless model.

Stainless model is what I have, I really like it and can shoot tighter groups with it than any other pistol I have ever shot\owned. It is my first 1911 but def. not my last, it has performed flawless for about 200 rounds and I bought it used.

I've got the plain ol' blued non rail one that has been flawless. shot many times. Eats anything including re loads. I would highly recommend it. Great gun for the money IMO.

I tried to attach a pic of mine but it said I had already posted it in another thread. Even renamed it. Theses computers sure are smart
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

I have a pt1911ar in blue. The finish is a little soft and it has the most MIM parts of any 1911 I believe. It shoots great, has been perfectly reliable, and seems to be a great piece for the money and worth much more than it costs. One thing to keep in mind, if you have a problem...Taurus' customer service is horrible.

I like mine just fine. Its a blued model with factory rosewood grips, rather than the black plastic grips (although the black plastic were also included in the box). I also like that the newer guns (like mine) come with Novak 3-dot sights instead of Heinie Straight-Eight sights.

if you end up getting one and want to change the grips rassco grips makes some nice ones cut just for the PT1911

I have a SS PT1911. Very accurate!

I have a blue PT1911 no rail. Shoots great, I use it in IPDA matches and it is may CC during the winter months. All in all it has been a great handgun.
    Semper Fi

Links