Carrying a full size M&P

This is a discussion on Carrying a full size M&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am 5'8" (with shoes, lol) and 160lbs...I carry a full size M&P 40. Are any of you carrying similar guns with a similar build ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a full size M&P

Carrying a full size M&P

I am 5'8" (with shoes, lol) and 160lbs...I carry a full size M&P 40. Are any of you carrying similar guns with a similar build to me?? Any issues with this? How Do you carry? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I'm 5'9" and 206lbs. I carry a G22 all year long.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZTF Hitman View Post
    I am 5'8" (with shoes, lol) and 160lbs...I carry a full size M&P 40. Are any of you carrying similar guns with a similar build to me?? Any issues with this? How Do you carry? Thanks.
    Dude you must be all gun! Haha..... Is there any reason why you didn't go with a compact model? Heck I used to carry a compact Glock 19 and that felt too big compared to my XD SC.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    im 6,2 and 230 and sometimes i carry a Beretta 92
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewsman View Post
    im 6,2 and 230 and sometimes i carry a Beretta 92
    That seems like a better size ratio then the gentleman above.

I'm 5'6, 150lbs and I carry the M&P 9mm FS in a CrossBreed Supertuck without any problems around the 3:30 position and can conceal very well even in fairly form fitting clothing. This being said, I'm not a big guy by any means and would like to get a compact M&P for the warmer weather, they conceal MUCH better.

I am 5'9" 170lbs and carry a fullsize XDm with no problems. Of course to me it feels like I am trying to hide a cinderblock in my pants! But to everyone else, its gone.

I'm 5'7" 180 and carry the full size m&p. The past few weeks I've been wearing OTW, with a button up untucked at my 4 or 5 o'clock. Don't worry, noone is going to notice!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZTF Hitman View Post
    I'm close to same build. Nothing but single-stack 9mm (Kahr PM9, for example) for me. I refuse to buy jeans "sizes bigger" just to accommodate my P226, and there's simply no comfortable way to carry something that large in the summer (and I don't believe anyone who says there is). Last night I found myself having to wear suit pants. The Kahr slipped right into the pocket (with a little help from a strategically folded piece of cardboard on the IWB holster) and just disappeared. That would have been impossible with any non-compact 9mm.

I believe that there are many out there carrying big pieces who simply haven't bothered to try a compact. I've tested a lot of handguns for carry weight and comfort, and I don't believe it's necessary to sacrifice comfort for protection.
    A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves. --E. Murrow
    Pro-2A, anti-NRA, GOA life member, JPFO

I'm 5' 9" 225 pounds and I carry an M&P 9L or an M&P 9 Compact. Dress around the gun. The right holster makes a big difference too.

i carry a full size mp 45 in a desantis scorpion.i find it way more comfy than the blade tech i bought but i am saving my pennies to try some different holsters

I'm about 5'9" 195(should be about 15 less) and carry a FS M&P 45 during the winter. M&P9c during the summer.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I'm 5'11" / 170#. Carry M&P 45fs OWB at 4:00 with two spare mags at 8:00 to balance the load. No problem with concealment, Columbia shirt untucked usually.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianko View Post
    I'm close to same build. Nothing but single-stack 9mm (Kahr PM9, for example) for me. I refuse to buy jeans "sizes bigger" just to accommodate my P226, and there's simply no comfortable way to carry something that large in the summer (and I don't believe anyone who says there is). Last night I found myself having to wear suit pants. The Kahr slipped right into the pocket (with a little help from a strategically folded piece of cardboard on the IWB holster) and just disappeared. That would have been impossible with any non-compact 9mm.

I believe that there are many out there carrying big pieces who simply haven't bothered to try a compact. I've tested a lot of handguns for carry weight and comfort, and I don't believe it's necessary to sacrifice comfort for protection.
    Right on brother! Tell it like it is! That is the truth for sure, like I said a Glock 19 seemed huge to me and it's a compact.

Thanks, everyone for the input...I do intend to buy a 40c for the summer, but when possible, I like the option of 15+1 that the FS 40 gives me. I have a CompTac Spartan on order ( should be here next few days) but i've been trying an uncle mikes @ 3:30. No issues with buttondown shirts untucked. Thanks again guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links