Taurus Slim

This is a discussion on Taurus Slim within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is the new Taurus Slim availiable yet? Not heard of anyone that has one. Any opinions on these?...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Slim

Taurus Slim

Is the new Taurus Slim availiable yet? Not heard of anyone that has one. Any opinions on these?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

They had them on display at the 2008 shot show. Once they are released, I will probably pick one up.

VIP Member
    A friend and I checked about 10 distributors today and so far none of them had received a single Taurus Slim. The model 709 was shown at SHOT in 2008 and was shown at SHOT 2009 with some design changes. The big one was the trigger guard. The 2008 version was like other Taurus pistols, but the 2009 has an enlarged trigger guard that looks almost exactly like the one on the 738 (.380) that was shown at SHOT2009 also.

None of the distributors would venture a guess as to when the Slim or the 738 would actually start appearing.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

cj
    Not yet. I'm still waiting...have been ever since SHOT 2008 when their site showed 'Available in December!' (it apparently just didn't specify which YEAR).

Meanwhile, I picked up a Kel-tec PF9 and an LCP to comfort me...and I'll probably be able to hold off for the reports to come in on how the Slim does.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Not yet. I'm still waiting...have been ever since SHOT 2008 when their site showed 'Available in December!' (it apparently just didn't specify which YEAR).

Meanwhile, I picked up a Kel-tec PF9 and an LCP to comfort me...and I'll probably be able to hold off for the reports to come in on how the Slim does.
    You sound comforted indeed!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Taurus Slim 709B

Hello all, I am new to the forum. This is my first post. I just picked up a birthday gift for myself from my local gun shop, a Taurus Slim 709B pistol. I have been reading about the pistol on the net, here, and on other forums. I have to say, it is a well finished piece. I like the feel in my hands. I am dying to head to the range and put a couple boxes of rounds through it.

I had been talking with my local gun shop buyer for some time now, wondering (like a lot of other folks) when the 709 Slim would be available. He had one pre-sold and another one on order. I snatched it up. I got a blued model and am happy with it. However, in my heart, I would have preferred the SS or Ti model. It seems that Taurus is doing a stealth release, a couple here and a couple there.

I will post back with more details later.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" George Benard Shaw

HOLY SH*T......I want one!!!!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I would sure like to hold one. I know some are not big Taurus fans but I own several and have never had a problem with any of them. For the money you spend, I think they put out a pretty good product.

I like the looks and the very conceal-ability of the slim. I can't wait to actually hold one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I just got rid of a .40 cal Taurus 24/7 OSS to finance a G27.....Nice shooting gun but too big to carry. I might have to check out this new slim.....

cmb
    I thought about it also when i went with the kt pf9, couldn't wait you know. Now the urge on that has passed, still waiting on the LC9, which i am hoping ruger will release for the pocket, I have said thi before on a few other threads but a 5+1 pocket 9mm by itself would be great, coupled with the pf9, slim, kahr, 1911, sr9, XD, glock, or any other would be tremendous pair.

The fact that Taurus sees the market trend is enough for me to check it out!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    So what are the dimensions?

Jim

It would appear that there are some out there to be had. I found 3 auctions on Gunbroker for the PT709 slim frame. The one with actual photos taken by the person selling the gun can be found HERE.

The list off all three can be seen HERE.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I bought one today. I have not had a chance to shoot it. It is roughly the same size (slightly smaller) as the Walther PPS. The trigger has a good deal of take up and a fairly crisp trigger when you hit resistance. Reset is pretty quick. It isn't a 1911, but not bad.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links