Glock 26/27 good for ankle carry?

This is a discussion on Glock 26/27 good for ankle carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a gun to carry on my ankle. I'm a big fan of glocks because they are simple and durable. But they can ...

Thread: Glock 26/27 good for ankle carry?

I'm looking for a gun to carry on my ankle. I'm a big fan of glocks because they are simple and durable. But they can also be bulky and heavy. Since I already own a G22, I'm considering buying a G27 (both .40 cal) to carry concealed.

Does anyone carry a G26 or G27 on his/her ankle? I'm looking for opinions on the comfort level.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phatty003 View Post
    I'm looking for a gun to carry on my ankle. I'm a big fan of glocks because they are simple and durable. But they can also be bulky and heavy. Since I already own a G22, I'm considering buying a G27 (both .40 cal) to carry concealed.

Does anyone carry a G26 or G27 on his/her ankle? I'm looking for opinions on the comfort level.

Thanks!
    I don't, but as I said in the "Glock 27 grip too short" a friend carrys one that way.
    Regards,
    Jerry

If I were to wear slacks instead of jeans all the time, then I'd probably try it myself just to find out what it's like. I can adapt pretty easily to anything on the comfort scale. Overall, I would think the G26 with full magazine may be a slight bit lighter to carry this way. If I did carry with an ankle rig, it would more than likely be as a BUG and I'd still have my primary around my waist somewhere.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Glocks are wide. Bricks. This works against them for ankle carry. Even if the grip is short, the HUGELY protruding rear of the slide is still a major factor.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty003 View Post

Thanks!
    Many moons ago, I had to go to Jamestown NY (in the Winter) to do a sales presentation at Sysco there!

I would suggest you go to a gun store, and ask them to let you try some ankle holsters. Stick a G26 or 27 (same size) in the holster, and try it out for yourself. Remember the loaded gun will be heavier, due to the ammo.

Is this for BUG use? I don't recommend ankle carry for primary - main problem is you cannot draw while moving.

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I do have a angle set up for my 26,. And on a RARE occasion I will carry that way,.. I don't like having it that low, but it carries fine. I wouldn't want to run a marathon, but I do forget it is there. I prefer to have it more accessible,..

I carry a CZ 2075 RAMI in a glock 26 ankle holster. Ankle not because I want to but because I have to at work... can't risk any printing at all, and I basically always wear khakis and a golf shirt tucked in. (I suppose I could try a smartcarry but I tried this first and don't mind it). The CZ is wide like the 26 but similar subcompact dimensions. The CZ has got to be heavier than the 26 just because the CZ is all alloy. So, I would say that a G26 will certainly work in an ankle holster. +1 on trying it out at the gun store, though. That's what i did with mine before I bought it.

love my 27 but i dont think i would ankle carry it.

Sponsored Links