Kahr CW9 Factory Flaw--pics.

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 Factory Flaw--pics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; some of you may remember my first posting on this but may not have seen the pictures.after field stripping my new Kahr CW9 for the ...

Thread: Kahr CW9 Factory Flaw--pics.

Kahr CW9 Factory Flaw--pics.

some of you may remember my first posting on this but may not have seen the pictures.after field stripping my new Kahr CW9 for the first time i noticed what first appeared to be a long crack in the polymer frame,just under the slide rail..after a closer inspection it looked to be nothing more then a long scrape rather then a crack.i'm not sure it would be worth the bother,or really necessary to send the gun back to Kahr? any thoughts on this?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by crue2009; July 1st, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    If it ain't broke, don't worry about it. Go shoot and enjoy your pistol. I don't think Kahr will repair a scrape anyway.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't worry about it. Go shoot and enjoy your pistol. I don't think Kahr will repair a scrape anyway.
    Agreed...unless it turns to a more serious problem, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Those guns like to lose some weight during break in. The pistols are made so tightly that some material is shaved off, and its how the gun starts to fit itself. It's completely normal, but kinda unfortunate that it happened to the polymer, and I admit it is and unusual location for wear. I bet it will hold up fine, and doubt you will see much more wear in the area after those burs are rubbed off. Good luck

I wasn't content with the shaving my gun did on it's own so I took a file to mine. Spent about five hours total rounding down all the sharp edges on the slide and then polishing with really fine grit wet and dry sandpaper. I liked the CW9 before. I really like it now.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

VIP Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. You could send Kahr an e-mail with the pics and ask their opinion.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

that scrape mark is a cosmetic issue
    location of scrape will not hurt performance of gun
    scrape mark is not visible with gun assembled anyway
    just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    some of you may remember my first posting on this but may not have seen the pictures.after field stripping my new Kahr CW9 for the first time i noticed what first appeared to be a long crack in the polymer frame,just under the slide rail..after a closer inspection it looked to be nothing more then a long scrape rather then a crack.i'm not sure it would be worth the bother,or really necessary to send the gun back to Kahr? any thoughts on this?
    I would check the bottom of the slide for a burr. If there is one you could file it off.

I would't get too worried about it. It will scrape to a certain level then stop.

i sent kahr a few pictures today,they said nothing to worry about,it won't affect the gun in any way.just wanted to be sure,it's brand new!

Links