Defensive Carry banner

Narrowed next purchase down to these two:

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  papalapa 
#1 ·
Your opinion please.

Since the VA is providing my duty pistol (Beretta 9mm) my brother wants to buy my full size .40 M&P. I am selling it to him.

Now - I've wanted a small .40 compact - with a rail - for quite a while.

I know I don't want to buy a compact Beretta.

I had been looking at the M&P .40c - especially since it would be same as my duty pistol.

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P Compact .40 S&W

Now that's not the case.

I'm still looking at the M&P Compact - but also heard a lot of good about the Taurus 24/7 .40 subcompact.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Your opinions on both please. Thanks in advance....

See less See more
#2 ·
I've shot both the M&P and 24/7 platforms.

I own an M&Pc. The 24/7 is a nice gun, but it really doesn't compare in quality or ergonomics to the M&P line.

Especially since it matches your duty gun I don't think you can go wrong with the M&Pc

#3 ·
I carry the M&P9c and my son the M&P40c.

We both really like the guns.

Very accurate and easily concealed. I sometimes have to remember I am wearing it.

I don't know about the Taurus but I sure do recommend the M&P compacts.

This was last month.
50 rounds
20 center mass
10 double taps center mass
10 head shots in under 10 seconds.
M&P9c 7 yards

#4 ·
I have a M&P9C (9MM)and a Glock 26 (9MM) ,both work
flawless and I,m sure the M&P.40C and G27 would work just as well.
But just to throw you a curve,I'll ask you this.
Because you now carry a 9MM at work , you may be better served carrying a 9MM so you are practicing and CCing with the same round you will have to work with daily.
I know the .40 is a stronger round, and if thats what you like to carry
by all means do so, but as you did ask for input, theres mine:smile:

#5 ·
The M&P40c woul dbe my choice of those two....that being said i would buy a Glock 27.

#6 ·
The compact M&P shoots just as well as the standard size. Both shoot better to me than my G27 and are not as "blocky" for concealed carry. I'd definately go with the M&P..

#7 ·
Both are good guns. Both have excellent warranties. However warranty service for a Taurus has been painfully long in the past.

As an aside I recently found out that you can order an M&P WITHOUT a magazine disconnect which is a plus for me.

#8 ·
Definitely go with the MP40c ... mine has functioned flawlessly, and is easy to conceal.

-Seawolf

#15 ·
I have a G26...my buddy a compact M&P 40......I had a G27 couldnt handle the snappy nature of the caliber but am fine with the 26. The M&P in 40 is snappy for me too.....I must just be a 40 wuss!

Seriously, I would go for a compact 9 in G or S&W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.