Pocket gun advice please

Pocket gun advice please

This is a discussion on Pocket gun advice please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been reading all the threads I could find regarding pocket guns. There are times that carrying my Kel-Tec P-11 in my Supertuck just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket gun advice please

Question Pocket gun advice please

I have been reading all the threads I could find regarding pocket guns. There are times that carrying my Kel-Tec P-11 in my Supertuck just isn't practical. You can call me paranoid but with the recent economy and the closing of my local prison, and subsequent release of 4,400 "non-violent" offenders, I feel terribly uncomfortable leaving the house without carrying my pistol. Foregoing the S&W 642 I have been looking at the following in order of price: Kel Tec P3AT, Ruger LCP, NAA Guardian, and Kahr P380. I probably would not buy the Kahr although it is probably of the highest quality it retails for 3x the amount of the Kel-Tec. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

I had the NAA Guardian and loved it..but sold it due to a brain fart. The LCP seems to be the one to beat right now though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

LCP with PowRBall. It works for me. I found it to be smoother than the P3AT. The finger extension gives better control and for me, a surer presentation. My spare mag is the standard floorplate. After all that, you need to get what YOU'RE satisfied with.

$55 for a Smartcarry, and you can carry your current P-11...as long as you have pants on in public...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I like my Sig 232. Good for if they are right up in your face.

Yeah, I understand that purchasing a pistol is a very personal decision. I thought that maybe someone knew of some possible quality issues or other problems. In the meantime I will keep searching the boards and watching the videos on the pistols. Thank again for the comments. Keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    Yeah, I understand that purchasing a pistol is a very personal decision. I thought that maybe someone knew of some possible quality issues or other problems. In the meantime I will keep searching the boards and watching the videos on the pistols. Thank again for the comments. Keep them coming.
    I pocket carry a kel-tec p-11 95% of the time. If you use the 12 round mag ( 12+1 ) its a little heavy but very unnoticeable after a while. I am 100% sold on kel-tec. I have 1 p3at (had another but sold it) that goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I use Remington Golden Sabers in it. I also have a LCP. LCP is prettier better finish but NO difference in shooting IMHO. If you trust your current p-11 buy the p3at and save some money for the ammo you'll need. Kel-tec's LOOK cheap but perform excellent if you maintain them properly IMO. There are some who have had a "bad" one. But I guarantee you there are "bad" kimbers or springer's out of the box also. Have you thought about a pf-9?
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

There are some features on the LCP that I like more than the P3AT like the thumb shelf and the partially hidden magazine release, I could also put more fingers on the grip. But, the finger shoe on the magazine also makes the LCP taller in the pocket. Tough market, lots of good choices.

how about the Kel Tec PF9..not much larger then the P3AT but chambers 9mm..

I originally had three KelTecs, a .32, a .380, and a P-11 (9mm).
    I did not like the P-11...the trigger was too long...got rid of it.
    I still have the .32 and the P-3AT (both almost 6 years old)...the .380 is my favorite pocket gun. I've had no problems of any kind with any of my KTs.
    It is so light that I can tuck it in an IWB/SOB Fist holster when I'm wearing gym shorts (w/o a belt of any kind) and the gun stays in place.

I'd get the P-3AT.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I also love my Sig 232 IWB CTG, BBA.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

I've never handled a KelTec. They seem to be very popular. I'm not a huge fan of DA triggers in semi autos --- my .32 NAA the exception.

I carry a NAA .22 Mag in my right front pocket all the time. It goes where I go and nobody is the wiser. It often acts as a backup to a S&W 340 M&P loaded with .357 JHP or a .32 NAA with Corbon HP ammo. Both of these are carried in a OWB holster on the strong side, with an overshirt of some type.
    "Courage is being scared to death ...... but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by chiefrcd View Post
    I also love my Sig 232 IWB CTG, BBA.
    Well the Sig sure is nice and I like the location of the magazine release. But it is twice as heavy as the P3AT and over twice the cost.

Tis...but for me I like the size. Didn't particularly like the cost but it's a sweet shooter, I can carry it in my front jeans pocket, but it is a pocket full.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

FWIW:

If you don't like the price of the new Kahr P380 you'd positively HATE the price of a new Seecamp LWS380...

Why any reasonable adult would spend the money for a Seecamp LWS380, and then have to wait for around two years to get it is beyond me, and defies logic.

Oh wait....

Now I remember why.... It's the only in the mousegun world..

The others are good, and I've tried several of them in the past, but none were the absolute best of the best, except the Seecamps.

No offense to those who consider the LWS380 overpriced, it probably is, but I don't care, and it's been my experience that other LWS380 owners agree with me....

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links