CZ p07 v Rami

This is a discussion on CZ p07 v Rami within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a CZ that will be more comfortable to carry than my current CZ 75 compact. I have had it for many ...

Thread: CZ p07 v Rami

CZ p07 v Rami

I am looking for a CZ that will be more comfortable to carry than my current CZ 75 compact. I have had it for many years and would now like something lighter for summer carry. What are the main differences between the P07 and the rami and which would be better for carry?
    Last edited by Bowdenknxvll; July 2nd, 2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: wrong title

2. Remove Ads

I think the rami is metal and the PO7 is polymer...IIRC but the size diff I am not sure about.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I think the rami is metal and the PO7 is polymer...IIRC but the size diff I am not sure about.
    Actually, the RAMI has a poly version now as well.
    Both great guns, but two different platforms. The Po7 will feel more familiar to you.
    Try to handle them both.
    Start here for comparisons: CZ-USA -> Product Categories
    "Don't Tread on Me"

If you post this question at CZ Forum - Index you will get some very well-informed answers. There was a very short thread on this, with only one reply, here: Comparison of P-07 to Rami and P-01

I'm not up on the P07 but I carry a RAMI and definitely like it. It is a wide gun, though (double stack mag). Rami is alloy but a polymer version is available too. IIRC, the polymer version is only 1oz lighter.

My RAMI had some jamming issues at the onset but I changed the spring, started cleaning more thoroughly and oiling more heavily, and the jams have gone away. Could also have been a break-in thing.

The RAMI is available in .40 or 9mm. The 9mm version comes in decocker version as well (RAMI BD). Holds 10 rounds of 9mm in the short mag (no pinky rest) or 14 rounds in the extended mag (with pinky rest). I think the .40 mags hold 8 and 10, respectively.

If you go with .40, get a newer one ('08 or '09), the older ones had some issues.

VIP Member
    Actually if you look at the charts there is no difference in weight between your 75c and the P-07, both weigh in at 1.7 lbs. The RAMI is only slightly lighter at 1.5 lbs. My EDC is a P-06 and occasionally I will carry my RAMI .40. I don't find a big difference in the way they carry.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Bowden, are you in Knoxville?

If so, check out Coal Creek Armory. They carry CZ. I bought my 75BD there.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I have a P07 and carried it on several occasions. I found it a little thick in the slide area(but the grip area is slim). The gun will need to be kept away from the skin because of its rough edges. Height and length about the same as mid size Glock. On the plus side the pistol is very accurate and has one of the best triggers I have seen on a production gun. Reliablity is also great with a little over 500 rounds to the tube.

The gun you probably want is a PCR - which is basically a de-cocking alloy frame version of the compact. You can shave a few oz's and use your same holsters. I have the PCR, the P-07 and the 75c. The P-07 is slightly larger, thicker and lighter - it is a "duty" sized gun that is accurate as all get out and easy shooting too. The Omega triigger on the P-07 is a long take up / short reset type. Otherwise, the RAMI may be the one - it is smaller and lighter.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Arco, I am in Knoxville. I also frequent Coal Creek, they did a bunch of mods to my 75c. I tried the PCR, but I prefer to carry condition 1 if possible. I wish CZ would come out with a rami single stack! That would be sweet.

Links