Kimber info please. . .

Kimber info please. . .

This is a discussion on Kimber info please. . . within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering the purchase of a 4", Kimber .45, Crimson Trace, Pro Carry II. The gun comes with 1 mag, and laser grips but doesn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber info please. . .

Kimber info please. . .

I'm considering the purchase of a 4", Kimber .45, Crimson Trace, Pro Carry II. The gun comes with 1 mag, and laser grips but doesn't have night sights. It is two tone, Silver frame and blued slide. Out the door the price would be $1,000.00 for a new gun in the box. Does this sound about right? Does anyone know if the laser sights are interchangable with standard 1911 grips on this gun? Also are standard .45 mags interchangable. Obviously I don't know much about the Kimber .45. Thanks
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Great purchase...and yes, yes, yes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Great purchase...and yes, yes, yes.
    Thanks for the quick reply . . . one other question; cna the laser sight be turned off if you choose not to use it for any period of time?
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I can turn mine off easily, but I generally leave the feed on since it doesn't drain the battery until activated. Great gun.

Enjoy.

Yes you can turn it off, as others have said. It is a great gun, you shouldn't be disappointed. I have the Pro CDP II and love it. I eventually plan on getting the crimson trace grips that kimber offers for it.

Great gun...good price. Jump on it
    2A is not negotiable

Sounds good to me.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I have a Kimb. Tactical Pro II 4" with night sites but no laser. I would like a laser so I will get one when I am done building my new le6920.

But in all respects you do not need night sights if you are packing a beam. Not like your gonna tell the crook wait a sec while I line up my pretty green radioactive night sites up with this red dot on your chest before I shoot you.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I have the Ultra (3") Crimson Carry and absolutely love it! If I had one complaint, it would be the blank sites. I am considering replacing with some sort of 3 dot site. At night, as mentioned, its a non factor with the beam. However, you can not see it in the bright sun light, and also, I enjoy practicing with both the laser and the iron sites. The blank sites aren't bad, but would prefer some dots....especially in a low light situation such as an indoor range.

BTW, $1000 out the door is a good price today. I bought mine almost a year ago when they first came out on gunbroker.com and paid $850. Just seen one in Cabela's last week and they wanted $1050 + tax!!

Good Luck!

I would pick up some of the Kimber Kimpro Tac-Mags for it as they are really nice, well built and reliable magazines. Make sure they say they're for a full-sized or Government model. As far as sights go, I'd at least like a Meprolight front sight as I hate all black sights on any gun. That really is a good price on the gun. The grips alone would probably run you over $300.

Let us know how she runs and don't forget pics as resistance is futile. Embrace the 1911 disease as there ain't no 12 Step Program to cure it!

I have a Pro Elite that I installed the Burlwood Crimson Trace grips, it is a stunning gun as far as looks go and shoots even better. Mine has night sights but i have a friend that has TFO on his Kimber as well as CT. I will probably put TFOs on mine as the night sights are beginning to dim.

Great gun. May need to go to gunsprings.com They make a HD spring for the Kimber Pro models that'll last longer.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

I have the exact Kimber, I ordered extra stainless steel mags from Kimber when I ordered mine. Smooth action, fairly easy to CC and the accuracy is EXCEPTIONAL. Read the manual on disassembly, DO NOT DEPRESS THE GRIP SAFETY when taking apart. Damage is not covered under warranty. Enjoy.

I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II. Very nice weapon. Your price is right on. Jump on it before it goes. I had to wait 4 months before mine came in to the shop. Make sure you break in with FMJ 230 such as the Federal Eagle. Have fun my Fellow American.

Good choice! I have both the Tactical Pro II and Tactical Cuatom II and they have to be modified by a Smith due to the Ambi safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links