Into the Abyss

Into the Abyss

This is a discussion on Into the Abyss within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having owned many different firearms throughout my life I have found many good attributes on many different weapons. My arsenal has, in the past, consisted ...

Thread: Into the Abyss

Into the Abyss

Having owned many different firearms throughout my life I have found many good attributes on many different weapons. My arsenal has, in the past, consisted of pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles, all cherished weapons. Over time, it has decreased now to just 5 or 6 tools I consider essential.

That has now changed! Although I have owned 1911's in the past, I was never really nuts about them. I have liked the larger capacity of the double stacks. Yesterday at the range I fired a friend's P220. Another shooter let me fire his Kimber. OK, that did it. I have now changed my thinking. I guess I'm getting old, but when I gripped the 1911's a bit of nostalgia must have set in. Oh, I'll keep my XD45, and my LCP, but my carry will be a1911. I have succumbed to the fever. I had forgotten how my old Wilson Combat felt.

Yes, into the abyss.........

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Glad the old spark ignited fire inside. It is a wonderful thing to grab a pistol and just know it is right.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Welcome back to the Abyss! There sure are a lot of us down here!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Oh boy, there goes the bank account.

Bank account? I'll just have to save up, or maybe I would trade the LCP. The XD would be the truck/nightstand WOC.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

Variety is the spice of life?
    Sounds like you're about to add to that variety (a 1911)...a wise choice.

(So many sidearms...so little time.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As I have said many times before, there are some designs that are timeless and can rarely be improved upon..... The 1911 is one of them.

Still potentially the best trigger ever designed for a firearm, If old John Moses could see what his designs have evolved into today, I think he would smile.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Links