Bought the PPS need more mags!

This is a discussion on Bought the PPS need more mags! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought the 9mm Walther PPS yesterday. But I need to get some more magazines and the shop doesn't have any. I know several of ...

I bought the 9mm Walther PPS yesterday. But I need to get some more magazines and the shop doesn't have any. I know several of you responded to my earlier thread that own this gun. So I am looking for online sources to get additional magazines. Thanks in advance!
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

MIDWAY USA sent me an e-mail about 2 weks ago that the PPS mags were finally in-stock. You may want to check them.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I second Midway. That's where I got my spares. A little pricey but no one's got them cheap.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Thank you I will go there. I know they are $$$, the couple places I checked were out of stock.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    You can always order a replacement 7 round or 8 round floor plate from S&W to replace the flat 6 round floor plate. It will get you a higher cap mag for around $21 instead of $48 for a whole replacement mag.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Not in stock now but they usually are available here:

http://andean-inc.com/Merchant5/merc...agazines_Clips

I found them in stock at Tactical Gun Amory. Most others only had the 6 round in stock. I got a couple 8 round. And I got another for my Glock 36 too as I haven't been able to find those locally either.

Midway was a little cheaper but they were out of stock.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    - Aristotle

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

How about an update?

What is your EDC gun before the PPS purchase?

How about a comparison between the two? Carrying and at the Range.

The PPS or the Kahr PM9 is my next purchase so I am trying to get some feedback on either one.

Thanks

I bought a PPS a few months ago and have worked it into my carry rotation. I also need some spare mags but have not been able to find any at any price.

They were $48.99 at Tactical Gun Armory - Guns, Holsters, Mags, Optics and Much More.
    They have free shipping on orders over $125 too.

My EDC has primarily been a Glock 19. I also carry a Glock 36, a PPK/S (which has only been back from the recall for a month so not so much carried except very recently), and a Browning Hi Power.

I had planned to take the PPS to the range this week but my 20 year old son who lives about 650 miles away surprised me Saturday by showing up and will be here all week. I am trying to get him to go with me but if he won't I will probably wait until after he leaves, but I will post a range report and comparison. I will say it feels wonderful in the hand and it is not much bigger than the PPK while being much thinner than the Glocks.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    They were $48.99 at Tactical Gun Armory - Guns, Holsters, Mags, Optics and Much More.
    They have free shipping on orders over $125 too.

My EDC has primarily been a Glock 19. I also carry a Glock 36, a PPK/S (which has only been back from the recall for a month so not so much carried except very recently), and a Browning Hi Power.

I had planned to take the PPS to the range this week but my 20 year old son who lives about 650 miles away surprised me Saturday by showing up and will be here all week. I am trying to get him to go with me but if he won't I will probably wait until after he leaves, but I will post a range report and comparison. I will say it feels wonderful in the hand and it is not much bigger than the PPK while being much thinner than the Glocks.
    I am also very interested in your range report when you get time
    I've looked at buying the PPS more than once.
    Looking forward to it.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Links