Springfield xdsc9 sights

Springfield xdsc9 sights

This is a discussion on Springfield xdsc9 sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my wife and her new xdsc9 out today. I found out that the rear sight is loose. We had to constantly monitor it as ...

Thread: Springfield xdsc9 sights

Springfield xdsc9 sights

Took my wife and her new xdsc9 out today. I found out that the rear sight is loose. We had to constantly monitor it as the recoil would move it side to side. So, I bought the pistol used at a pawn shop, so warranty is out. I guess I need to replace the sights, thinking some night sights...

My question is; why is the sight loose in the first place? If I buy new sights are they going to be just as loose? Has anyone any experience with this problem? Also, do I need a special tool to install/remove sights?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Might have been were they keep it at (Holster)
    But if you have new ones installed by a gun smith it will be under warranty and it will not move.
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I just had new night sites installed on my Glock 26, $75 all in.....sorry dont know why yours loosened up but for $75 to switch to NS it would be a good idea to do it, plus the gunsmith will be able to tell you if there are any imperfections on the slide to make the old ones get loose. Good luck.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

From my experience with XD's are those rear sights are on pretty tight.
    Me thinks that somebody could of put on aftermarket and didn't do it right. How loose are they? Can you move them with your fingers? Depending how loose they are you could try some red loctite to keep them from moving.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    A shame you didn't buy it new, Springfield's have a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.

I agree with the red Loctite. Tap the sight out, place a drop in the groove and tap back in place.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Take it to a trusted gunsmith. They will be able to tell you exactly what is going on and how to fix it.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDun View Post
    From my experience with XD's are those rear sights are on pretty tight.
    Me thinks that somebody could of put on aftermarket and didn't do it right. How loose are they? Can you move them with your fingers? Depending how loose they are you could try some red loctite to keep them from moving.
    It's pretty loose. I can slide it out with my fingers, without any effort. I'm glad I noticed it, it's so loose I might have lost it without ever knowing. I thought about loctite, but how difficult would it be to remove later if I still wanted to upgrade to night sights?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Took my wife and her new xdsc9 out today. I found out that the rear sight is loose.
    Wow. Every bit of InterWebz hearsay says they're usually in there tight.

Any chance it's not an original XD sight?

So, I bought the pistol used at a pawn shop, so warranty is out.
    Call Springfield anyway. See what they say.

Springfield will warranty it. They press fit the sights in so odds are somebody "gunsmitted" on it.

SPringfield will still warr. the pistol

Using an appropriate sized center-punch, peen a couple of spots in the sight channel. The raised areas created from peeing should be enough to hold the sight in place. I've done this several times on loose sights.

As an alternative, buy a cheap blade type feeler gauge at Wal-Mart. The thinnest blades are about as thick as aluminum foil but are made of stainless steel. You can cut them with an old pair of household scissors and make a shim to fit under the sight.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links