Please, Explain why Glocks are 'Overrated'

Please, Explain why Glocks are 'Overrated'

This is a discussion on Please, Explain why Glocks are 'Overrated' within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been trolling the forums for a while, and I've even got a few dozen posts at this point. One trait I've noticed is the ...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Please, Explain why Glocks are 'Overrated'

Question Please, Explain why Glocks are 'Overrated'

I've been trolling the forums for a while, and I've even got a few dozen posts at this point. One trait I've noticed is the tendency of many folks to claim Glocks are 'way way overrated.'

I'm a proud Glock owner. I've shot Sig, Beretta, S&W, and many others, and the Glock, for me, shoots straighter and has proven more reliable with MagTech ammunition than any of the others.

What makes it overrated? Why don't you like Glock? Do you have anything to back this up other than the traditional 'religious' war (similar to Ford/Chevy/Dodge, Mac/PC, etc)?
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

They're not

I've had many different handguns, including Glocks, and have never had a single problem with them.

Glocks are best for me as well. Once I found out....I just stuck with it. Never bashed other brands myself. I've had quite a few before the Glocks, and found out the SIG P220 seems like the best for me in 45acp. Is Glock overrated? Hadn't noticed myself. Why does Glock seem to get more flak from the disbelievers? Easy............everybody's after the top dog. Jealousy? Maybe just some kind of fear of an unknown faith and new religion?

It must be someone else's Glock...mine's not overrated...but it sure is dependable, accurate, easily concealed, and easy to clean.

Stay armed...go G-36...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I have Glocks and an HK. The Glocks are much easier to clean, fully disassemble, and buy replacement parts for. Both are very reliable; I have never had a single malfunction that was not ammo-related in probably 100,000 rounds.

I don't think Glocks are overrated. For the combination of price, reliability, part supply, simplicity, accuracy, and ease of use Glocks can't be beat. Other things (like the HK) match the reliability and accuracy but do not compare on the totality of factors.
    4my sons likes this.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Someones just trying to get under our skin.

I own a Glock - was my first duty weapon and my first carry weapon. Still have it.

I also own three 1911s - two Kimbers and Springfield.

I carry a 1911, in fact the Springfield is on my hip as I write this. The glock is my nightstand gun.
    b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

Glock envy.

People say Glock is over rated simply for the fact its a good value gun. there are better guns out there for more money depending on what you need the gun for. Personally I don't really like Glocks but I would never fault anyone for owning one.

Glocks are solid reliable and easy to maintain with a nice price tag for the most part. For my own personal gun I prefer the feel and weight of a 1911 but to each their own. The only opinion that matters when it comes to what you carry is your opinion.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Because It was made in Austria,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Mine isn't overrated either,.. Great little personal defense weapon. With hundreds and hundreds of rounds, it has always went bang,.. Light, simple, accurate, dependable,. What more does a person want,.. On top of that they are reasonable priced,.. If anything it is underrated,..

Glock is the best pistol that I absolutely hate. The guns work well. I don't like them for personal reasons. I think that there are other pistols that work just as well. I do think that if you like Glocks, you would be stupid to buy anything else.

Carried one for years as a cop. Some guys loved them, almost like a religion. Sorry, I don't tend to worship tools. Now, I own a 1911 Colt, and DO tend to feel it has a personality. I loved busting on the Glock fanboys, only because they busted me for carrying a Howitzer. As has been said, if you like them, buy them. I might yet buy a model 22 only because I have a stock of ammo built up from years at the range. The .40 cal is okay in my book, but I still prefer .45 cal holes in things. Just my preference, your mileage may vary...
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

Quote Originally Posted by ecrist View Post
    What makes it overrated? Why don't you like Glock? Do you have anything to back this up other than the traditional 'religious' war (similar to Ford/Chevy/Dodge, Mac/PC, etc)?
    People always pick sides it seems with everything.

Glocks are reliable.. I know thats all the military will use
    over here. There's a reason for that

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Links