Defensive Carry banner

Glock 23 grip

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  drs1457 
#1 ·
Ok so I had my Glock 23 out yesterday to burn some powder of my own on the 4th of July. I've had this gun for about 4 years now, maybe less. And I can't ever get over the fact that my hands just feel too big for the gun. It's strange though. I have long skinny hands (guitar player's hands if you will) and the grip pretty much is just barely not enough. But i've always made do with it, but I just don't shoot well with the Glock. I've tried different techniques, and practice and stuff but I can just not be consistent with it. So here's my debate. I've always wanted a .45, but is it going to be worth it, aren't those grips usually slimmer yet? I know I can get a magazine extender for the glock but those always just seemed like they'd get in the way. If anyone has tried one, or has any other ideas, i'm all up for your suggestions. Thanks.

#3 ·
Have you tried a Hogue slip on finger groove grip? I had to do this on a P220 to make it fit my hand better.

#8 ·
+1 on the Hogue grip. I have this on my G23 and definitely notice the comfort in the overall width of the grip as well as the reduction of fatigue when shooting several hundred rounds.

#4 ·
I have long skinny fingers too. I have tried the hogue grips which worked well. But have abandoned them because they shift around too much when shooting a lot of rounds. I just got used to shooting the 23 with the stock grips. I shoot the 3rd gen a little better than the 2nd. More so because of thethumb cut out rather than the finger grips.

But my 30 (45 ACP) being a little wider fits my hand well.

#5 ·
The human body is truly a phenom. You couldn't create a custom grip that fits my hand better than the G-19 / G-23, but that's no help to you!

Someone mentioned to try a different gun and immediately the glock 30 came in to my mind. That gun has a thick long reach and may be what you're looking for. The G-30 is the smoothest, most accurate and pleasant to shoot 45 I've ever owned and shot. Ten rounds of 45 is also a nice payload!

#7 ·
Simple and free fix, I to have a G23 and love it. I just cut a small section of bicycle inner tube and stretched it over the grip. It feels much better. Don't sell that G23.

#9 ·
I have long hands too and am not entirely comfortable with a compact frame Glock grip as my pinky finger doesn't quite feel right and touches where the end of the frame and the mag come together. The full sized Glock frame fits me perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.