Kahr PM45 & Taurus 745 -- concealability

This is a discussion on Kahr PM45 & Taurus 745 -- concealability within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for an easily-concealable 45 ACP. I have shot the Taurus Millennium Pro 145 and liked it, but it creates a noticeable bulge when ...

Thread: Kahr PM45 & Taurus 745 -- concealability

I'm looking for an easily-concealable 45 ACP. I have shot the Taurus Millennium Pro 145 and liked it, but it creates a noticeable bulge when carried in a Smartcarry groin holster.

Is the Millennium Pro 745 enough slimmer to make a difference? How does it compare in thickness to the Kahr PM45?

If anyone has any pictures of the Kahr and Taurus together, I'd love to see them.

Thanks.

How are you wearing the Smartcarry? You may try shifting it to the 1100 position (assuming you are right-handed), and center the bottom of the grip on your zipper line. Any bulge from the grip will look like the normal fold in the front of men's trousers. Try this before spending money on another gun.

Dark colors and pleats also help.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Thanks. I've tried the Smartcarry in every conceivable position, to no avail. It's the thickness of the grip on the Taurus 145 that makes it difficult to conceal. I had the same problem with my 9mm Springfield XDSC.

I have the 745 and the xd9sc. The 745 grip is alot thinner than the xd grip, so it does conceal easier. I personally dont like the 745 trigger, so it doesnt get carried much. Take a look at the pps for a 9, and the glock36 for 45. I gave up on IWB, went with OWB "slide" from Sideguard Holsters and never looked back. It make the xd9sc a breeze to carry at 3 oclock. I wish I had got the g36 instead of the pt745, but at the time I was new to carrying and thought I really needed a manual safety. I dont know if that helps. Good luck.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by gseely View Post
    Thanks. I've tried the Smartcarry in every conceivable position, to no avail. It's the thickness of the grip on the Taurus 145 that makes it difficult to conceal. I had the same problem with my 9mm Springfield XDSC.
    Interesting...I've been able to conceal a Glock 19 and a 26 (both double-stack pistols) with no issues. Maybe your pants are too tight? Try a larger size, or loose fit? Pleats help a lot.

Also, bear in mind that you know what you are looking for. Most folks will never notice anything - unless you're wearing Spandex!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Well, I THOUGHT I had tried every conceivable position, but I "retried" lining the bottom of the grip up with my zipper anyway.

I helped tremendously. It is, however, uncomfortable there, so I'm still wondering if I could place a 745 in a more comfortable position, and still have it disappear.

My PM9 is hard to see no matter where I put it when using a SmartCarry -- but frankly, I just drop that one in my pocket anyway.

Also, for sake of clarification, my other pistols are all 9mm, and I want to pick up an easily-concealable 45. Any comments re the Taurus 145 vs. Taurus 745 vs. Kahr PM45?

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

I love my Kahr CW45 --it is the easiest gun for me to conceal AND it is by far the most accurate gun I own. Its amazing how thin this thing is!

I have had nothing but trouble from my PM45. I have sent it in twice for repairs and it is still a jamomatic POS.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I have a 745... gets carried about 30-40 percent of the time. Works great with a SmartCarry...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ed4032 View Post
    I have had nothing but trouble from my PM45. I have sent it in twice for repairs and it is still a jamomatic POS.
    Have you sent it in a 3rd time or did you accept what you have? I figure as long as they're paying the shipping why not keep making them fix it. Sometimes these guns have initial problems, maybe its a size/caliber thing, but once they work they work for good.

how about using a good IWB, a pt145 is plenty small ?

I carry a Taurus 24/7 Pro compact, just about the same size as the pt145 mil pro, in either a supertuck or an ace case tuckable-that btw is a great holster for the money. it is an awesome gun and very accurate.
    "Welcome to Tennessee, the great state of shootin' stuff." Mark Wahlberg The Shooter
    "It's like killin' roaches, You hafta kill 'em all, otherwise whats the point." Charlie Bronson Death Wish 3

pics?

Sponsored Links