Last minute gun show nets me my G23

This is a discussion on Last minute gun show nets me my G23 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well , since I've had my G19 for going on a year and a half now, I've been wanting a G23 to match. Local gun ...

Thread: Last minute gun show nets me my G23

Last minute gun show nets me my G23

Well , since I've had my G19 for going on a year and a half now, I've been wanting a G23 to match. Local gun show was this weekend, but I worked 12 hours yesterday 6am-6pm. I slept until 8am this morning, and spent a slow day getting around, reading the Sunday paper, and having lunch with a friend. I had seen the ads for the show weeks in advance, but sort of written it off since I also had to work this evening. My GF worked her end of week night shift and came home at 8am and slept until 2pm. We got around and went to the show which was scheduled 9-4 today just thinking in the back of my mind how some vendors like to see last minute sales before packing all that stuff up and hitting the road. Past experience with gun shows on the last day for me have been 50/50 in the past. I had my G22 with me for any possible sale or trade, and found a lonely G23 at a private table. A little slide wear, but hardly even broken in (no peening of the slide) [and yes...Glocks don't need a break-in, but only true Glockers know when they are broken in]. Well, it's all history from that point. Traded my G22 and some magazines for the G23 I've wanted with no cash trading hands. The way I like things to happen. The G23 needs a little cleaning up since the former owner over lubed it, and didn't clean the areas he should have, and the frame serial number has a #1 prefix which tells me it was replaced for the frame rail recall if I remember right. As it is, it's begging for a smooth trigger of course, and I may just take the one out of my G17 until I get an order together online. Then night sights, and a steel captive guide rod like I put in my G19, and a few more magazines. I still have some nice G22 magazines (hi-cap and 10 rounders) as well as a steel non-captive guide rod/spring, and a few other goodies to trade for some non-marked hi-cap mags for my G23. I'll post up shortly in the B/S/T forum for my wants, and anyone feel free to e-mail me (since my PM box seems to stay full most of the time) with your Glock needs for a G22 and we'll see if we can't do some swapping for G23 magazines. Pics? Well........things aren't looking good in the camera department right now for me, and I'll likely have to download some new software or mess around with the programs to make things work. I have to be back to work at 5am tomorrow morning, and a 50 hour week is staring me in the face after what I've already worked this past week and this weekend. Then helping my best friend move before the weekend. I might be toast or crispy around the edges, but the GF and I are working toward her taking her CC class this next Saturday, ( I got her on the list tonight)[she'll work the night shift then go to class for an extra long day] and I'll be taking the NROI Level 1 class at the same time, same day. Then looking to get her a G26 for carry. Keep your eyes and ears opened because if we can't find a good deal locally, I'll be posting up for it here. Hopefully, within the next week or so (or after her CC class), I'll talk her into joining this forum and finding out her options and talking about them with some of the other female members here about how they carry. I'm pretty excited about it all and so is she. Right now, as far as I'm concerned.....sleep is a waste of time. LOL!

2. Remove Ads

Good job! I bought a 23 at a gun show last weekend. Shot it this weekend. As you already know, Youll love it! Congrats.

Congrats on the new to you G23. I like the way you shop! Getting what you want without spending cash is a bonus. Enjoy.
    Question Everything!

Links