G26 opinions wanted

G26 opinions wanted

This is a discussion on G26 opinions wanted within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not very happy with my Taurus PT111 for a few reasons, so I'm looking at replacing it with a G26. The PT111 trigger is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

G26 opinions wanted

I'm not very happy with my Taurus PT111 for a few reasons, so I'm looking at replacing it with a G26. The PT111 trigger is terrible (IMHO), I don't feel safe with it being fully cocked and relying on a thumb safety, and Taurus doesn't have the best reputation for reliability or customer service.
    I've shot my G17 and G30 forever and haven't had a single failure out of either one. I'll have much more confidence from the Glock.
    Question is, are those of you who carry the G26 totally happy with it?
    Any regrets? Would you do it again?
    Thanks.

Nope

Zero regrets. I though I would save money with a kel tec p11, which is fine for some, but I had some problems with it and decided it wasn't worth it. I had a glock 17 also, and knew it was totally dependable and decided to get a smaller version of that, the 26. It has been phenomenal with NO problems in any aspect. Go for it.
    A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace. ---James Madison, The Federalist Papers

I either carry my Kimber Ultra CDP, or my Glock-36. I have a Glock-26 that I'm moving my wife towards and she does like it.
    The G-26 is a great CCW gun, accurate, dependable (but you already know that about Glocks), and very concealable.

Get it......no regrets, and I'd gladly get another (if I could somehow sneak it into the safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I'm very happy with my EDC Glock 27, same size as 26, but .40 cal.

A buddy had the same Taurus Millennium .40 and after shooting my Glock, he went the next day and traded it on a G 27...now we're both happy.

The G26 was the second firearm I purchased for EDC, and now it is all I use.

I have smaller hands, and the G26 grip forms perfectly for me. I find sight acquisition is very simple, and best of all, the smaller overall size is just right for an easy EDC.

My recommendation, if you haven't shot the G26 before, try and find a range that rents firearms, and put a few boxes of ammo through it.

All the good recommendations from fellow forum members doesn't mean much if the G26 doesn't fit well in your hands, or you don't shoot it very well.

If you can't get to a range that rents, I say go for it. You will be confident in knowing you own a firearm that is simple to use, easy to find parts, and will go bang with no complications when SHTF.

Good Luck with the decision.
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

If I could only have one firearm, it would be my G26. Excellent choice.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas solo View Post
    Question is, are those of you who carry the G26 totally happy with it?
    Yep. I love it.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Very good choice, and you will have a wide variety of holsters to choose for CC.
    God bless our troops!

Tack driver
    if u do your part

The G26 is excellent in all respects. It's the most compact "large capacity" 9mm there is. Reliability is second to none. Aftermarket parts supply is HUGE - you can customize it as you like. The design is so simple anyone can completely tear it down and reassemble it in a few minutes using only a punch. I can find no other firearm on the market that can compare overall.

People alway complain that it's "blocky" and recommend Kahrs or other single stack guns. But they always seem to ignore the fact that you give up a lot of capacity with single stacks. And I find absolutely no issue with the thickness of the G26. A difference of 0.1" is really completely insignificant from a concealability viewpoint. Fully loaded it's 27 ounces - just right - not too heavy to be annoying on a hot day, but heavy enough to eliminate even +P 9mm recoil.

ETA: Get GAP Enterprise's finger rest, an excellent addition to an excellent firearm.

Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.

Thanks for the replies guys. They're about what I expected.

I already have a DeSantis IWB for my G30 that can be used for the G26 as well (just have to tighten up the screw), a Blackhawk Serpa for the G17 (used for IDPA), and an OWB Galco for the PT111 that will fit the G26 perfectly.

Guess I'm coming home from work tomorrow with a new G26

Thanks again

VIP Member
    I would seriously consider a Springfield XD9 SC. Why? Well first and foremost I love Glocks and have one for my home protection, but I like the XD for EDC. I love the fact that it has a couple extra safety measures, think of a Glock with a few more bells and whistles.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I would seriously consider a Springfield XD9 SC. Why? Well first and foremost I love Glocks and have one for my home protection, but I like the XD for EDC. I love the fact that it has a couple extra safety measures, think of a Glock with a few more bells and whistles.
    Exactly why I like Glock better. More complexity = more points of failure. The grip safety is unnecessary.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

VIP Member
    Get the G26 and carry your G17 mags for reloads...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Exactly why I like Glock better. More complexity = more points of failure. The grip safety is unnecessary.
    If I were to go with that thought process, I would have a club and not a gun.

Every fan boy jumps on the grip safety, but that is not my favorite XD safety feature for CC.

Got reloads??
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links