Any news about pocket Glocks

This is a discussion on Any news about pocket Glocks within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been reading about Glocks on his site & lots of Glock lovers.. Including me! Love my G19 and thanks to recent posts lookig for a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news about pocket Glocks

Any news about pocket Glocks

Been reading about Glocks on his site & lots of Glock lovers.. Including me! Love my G19 and thanks to recent posts lookig for a G26. Just wondering since lot of Glock owners if anyone heard any rumors if they plan on making a pocket glock? Not talking about he subcompacts. But smaller for pocket carry

2. Remove Ads

Well, you never know. I just figure that Glock already gives enough packages to cover just about everything. The G36 in itself is sort of a surprise or somewhat of a deviation from what generally encompasses the Glock line anyway, or at least in my opinion. Can't really fathom a true 'pocket pistol' coming about from Glock. Of course most manufacturers would follow market trends sooner or later, and if a pocket pistol was the trend then I figure Glock would have done it already, and depending on one's criteria for a true 'pocket pistol'...depending on the size of the pocket, I'd say they already have a few of those available.

I've got a G33 (same dimensions as a 26) and cannot imagine carrying it in a pocket. A coat pocket maybe, but they're just too chunky for normal pants pockets. You'll get a bunch of guys who swear that's how they carry. I'd love to see photos of them carrying like that. I don't count the baggy gangbanger trousers or hip pockets in BDU pants.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    Been reading about Glocks on his site & lots of Glock lovers.. Including me! Love my G19 and thanks to recent posts lookig for a G26. Just wondering since lot of Glock owners if anyone heard any rumors if they plan on making a pocket glock? Not talking about he subcompacts. But smaller for pocket carry
    I would not bet your life on it. Glock has been pretty slow to roll out any new changes other then colors, but you never know. The only thing that makes me think there could be some new stuff is just the fact I mentioned in my first sentence. I would think they need to answer some of the upgrades that the competition come up with, and put out some newer models. It feels like it would be the right time for this, but who knows.

This might sound totally crazy to some people, but I would love to see a 1911 Glock. That would be pretty cool.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I thought that was a Kahr?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Buckeye View Post
    I thought that was a Kahr?
    or PPS

I just picked up my newest edition a Glock 26 this evening.

There just a large demand and now a good market niech. I would be 1st in line!

The only handgun I own that is not a glock is a pocket pistol (Kahr PM9). If there was pocket sized 9mm glock I would have jumped at it.

So yeah there is definitely demand.

Don't get me wrong I like my PM9 alot and it does all I wanted it to do. But if I could get the same in glock reliability/mantainability/shootability then I would have taken that over Kahr.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    My Glock 26 IS a pocket pistol. I carry it in my right front pocket in a Nemesis pocket holster. No problem

Photos?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I carry my 27 in an IWB holster and I've tried the pocket carry, but it's like concealing a small brick Pocket carry for me is my 340PD in a Mika holster. Love the 27 though!!

I can't see Glock doing something smaller. They're making way too much money with everything else!

Isn't it a combination of the size, weight, caliber, and type of sights that allows enough points for them to be able to import them into this country? Going smaller to a pocket pistol would not get enough points for them to import it. I think that's also why the .380 isn't available in the US. From what I see, the .380 G28 is the same size as a G26, but you can't legally get a G28 here.

I agree whole heartedly. I posted a thread several months ago about this very subject, and everybody told me I was spitting in the wind. Glock would make a ton by coming out with this. I would own one no doubt.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I would not bet your life on it. Glock has been pretty slow to roll out any new changes other then colors, but you never know. The only thing that makes me think there could be some new stuff is just the fact I mentioned in my first sentence. I would think they need to answer some of the upgrades that the competition come up with, and put out some newer models. It feels like it would be the right time for this, but who knows.

This might sound totally crazy to some people, but I would love to see a 1911 Glock. That would be pretty cool.
    My god man you are speaking of a weapon that would dominate the world. I mean anyone so equipted would be unstoppable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links