Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 45ACP

Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 45ACP

This is a discussion on Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 45ACP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone recently got a newer Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in 45 ACP. I did and so far so good. It shoots great and is ...

Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 45ACP

Has anyone recently got a newer Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in 45 ACP. I did and so far so good. It shoots great and is very accurate.

Also was wondering how people are going to be carrying it?

Thanks

New Member Array drycreek2005@yahoo.c's Avatar
    I just traded for one today (7/25). I really like the decocker feature since there is only a left-hand side safety. Being left handed the decocker allows me to carry it safely, and not have to figure out how to operate the safety on the wrong side for me! Haven't shot it yet, but hope to within the week. Good luck with yours.

Smile

I have had one since February and I really like it. I am still working on the carry. OWB seems to be where I might head. I have not tried a crossbreed holster as of yet for IWB, but that seems to be highly spoken of. I have tried Smartcarry and have only been comfortable with my snubby revolver.

Armydad

Taurus

I carry one every dingle place I go (except where it prohibited by law) and like it. I haven't gotten as much range time with it as I would like but it shoots nice and accurate and its very comfortable. For a .45 its not too heavy but I prefer a heavier gun and that's something Im willing to deal with for carry. I feel MUCH better carrying it than my old gun, with this one I know I can but a bullet where I need it an no where else. It seems to cycle HP ammo well too. The feed ramp has a nice polish to it and while its only a left side safety its all Im used to. I havent noticed any corrosion from sweat and it seems to be pretty well made. Mines the PT 24/7 Pro and I believe those where made in 08? Mine also has the SA trigger that converts to a DA trigger if a primer fails to ignite. Not sure how I feel about that for defensive purposes but for the range I like the idea of giving a primer one more strike before I have to wait and them remove it and not be real sure whats it going to do. So far it hasn't been an issue.

I carry mine with my Smartcarry but I put a slit in the bottom for the barrel to protrude from and re-sewed the edges to prevent fraying. This allows the gun to sit lower in the holster which is probably too low for most people but I wear a kilt so its fine for me.

As a side note on the kilt, I can also pull the kilt UP and draw that way from a sitting position.

Someone mentioned the de-cocking feature, is that on an older model? I havent got that on mine unless its an integral part of the safety that lowers the hammer silently.

Alex!

Links