My new LCP

This is a discussion on My new LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I bit the bullet and got it before I could find some ammo. Luckily I found 2 boxes of Blazer, 1 box of WWB, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new LCP

My new LCP

Well I bit the bullet and got it before I could find some ammo. Luckily I found 2 boxes of Blazer, 1 box of WWB, and 1 box of +p Buffalo Bore 95 grain. I also picked up a desantis Nemisis (I believe that is what it is) at the Cabela's in PA. My old man and myself took it to the range and were both surprised at the accuracy with such a little barrel. The Blazer didn't hit too bad, but the BB did. By the end of it all my webbing and inner thumb were bright red, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Also for the 4th of July, my uncle had an old potable water tank for a pop up camper, so my old man and I filled it up with water and shot one of the BB into it. The jacket separated from the core, but expansion seemed alright. Can someone explain why you don't want core separation? I'm going to keep my eyes open for some HST or Corbon to switch over to that. All in all. I'm happy.

2. Remove Ads

Just a note of caution. I own an LCP, too, and when I asked Ruger about using +P ammo such as Buffalo Bore, they replied "absolutely not!" They were quite emphatic and I've taken their advice. My LCP does fine with any completely round nose ammo, but will not reliably feed Hornady, Cor-bon, or other "slant-sided" rounds. Maybe just mine, but it handles Remington Golden Sabre and that's good stuff.

I agree that it's a stout little piece to hold on to, but very accurate for its size.

Glad you like it. I love mine, although I have it for sale. There is a Para 1911 that is calling me.

The Corbon PowerBall is a great round for the LCP. Get yourself an extra mag and you'll be all set.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

I carry Hornady Critical Defense in my LCP.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Nice LCP there son. I didn't know you were posting. I think I might save my money for the Kahr 380. I did enjoy shooting the LCP though, but I like shooting anything that goes BANG.

VIP Member
    Very nice... I've been giving some serious thought to one of those...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I have had an LCP for a few months now, really do like it, extremely reliable and acurate once i figured out the right way for me to hold it....love the little guy and it is in the pocket of my cargo shorts as we speak! enjoy!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I have the LCP...love it! Nice mouse gun. I do occasionally use it as my main EDC in a Crossbreed supertuck. Made a few mods....threw on a Crimson Trace Laser guard....changed out the light recoil spring to a 16 lbs spring. I have fairly large hands so I added Pierce mag plates to both mags...big difference. Good luck with it!
    Regards,
    Shane Stagg
    Coopersburg, PA
    NRA Lifetime Member
    USCCA Member
    NAFC Lifetime Member

cmb
    Congrats, I have enjoyed shooting others lcps, still waiting on the lc9, smae spec but in 9mm, come on ruger be ther for us!

I like those little LCP's. Guy at work has one and loves it, I'm sure you will too.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    I carry Hornady Critical Defense in my LCP.
    +1

Zero problems. Damn fine little pistol. Mine has been flawless since day one. I did however do the fluff and buff on the feed ramp but other than that money well spent.

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I like my LCP so much that I had it finished in NP3 by Robar. I have not had any problems with Corbon ammo feeding in my gun. I carry my LCP loaded with Corbon 90 grain JHPs.
    God bless our troops!

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Yeah I carry Hornady Critical Defense and it eats it great. I did have trouble finding the ammo when it first came out, I don't know how it is now, since I stocked up when I found some.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shanester66 View Post
    I have the LCP...love it! Nice mouse gun. I do occasionally use it as my main EDC in a Crossbreed supertuck. Made a few mods....threw on a Crimson Trace Laser guard....changed out the light recoil spring to a 16 lbs spring. I have fairly large hands so I added Pierce mag plates to both mags...big difference. Good luck with it!
    Does the heavier recoil spring make it kick less, what about reliability with lighter loads?
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links