HK EDC'ers in here...ok and everyone else lol

This is a discussion on HK EDC'ers in here...ok and everyone else lol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HKers: We definitely seem to be in the minority here. I love my P2000 SK...obviously, I've put my trust into it as it's my EDC ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK EDC'ers in here...ok and everyone else lol

HK EDC'ers in here...ok and everyone else lol

HKers: We definitely seem to be in the minority here.

I love my P2000 SK...obviously, I've put my trust into it as it's my EDC weapon.

For those that own one (or who have fired one) - I was a bit worried about getting to the mag release under pressure at first...it's a bit awkward, but once you're used to it, it's a plus IMO...a quick tap w/my middle finger and I'm on my way.

So, HKers...why do you carry HK?

Curious as to why there's not many here w/HK EDC weapons...I assume cost is the biggest factor...I'd put just as much faith in a Glock (and others) to perform when needed...or is there something y'all know that I don't?
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I EDC'd my P7 for a long time. Why? It's just a neat little pistol, that's super accurate, dead nuts reliable, totally ambidextrous from the start, and what other gun can extract and eject a spent casing with the extractor missing?

EDC is an USP9c in the summer and USP45fs in the winter holstered in a Crossbreed Supertuck. These are the guns I had when I received my permit. I can see the complaint of the HK being a bit like a brick, but I am very used to the carry position now and the Supertuck helps it disappear. It is good feeling to know that I have one of the most reliable handguns on the market strapped to my side. That, and with all my friends guns that I have shot, I am still more comfortable, accurate, and fast with my HK's.

Peace of mind for me=HK

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    My USPC 40 LEM trigger is an everyday carry... LOVE it, super accurate and conceals extremely easy even on the hottest of days..
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I EDC an HK USP 40c. I chose this pistol because of its reliability and easy handling. It shoots where I point it and goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

I'm saving up for a nice new P2000SK. Unbelievable firearm! HK is used by specops forces worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    I'm saving up for a nice new P2000SK. Unbelievable firearm! HK is used by specops forces worldwide.
    You'll love it.
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post

So, HKers...why do you carry HK?

Curious as to why there's not many here w/HK EDC weapons...I assume cost is the biggest factor...I'd put just as much faith in a Glock (and others) to perform when needed...or is there something y'all know that I don't?
    I've carried a gun for a long time and I've not found one I like better than the HK I carry now, a P2000sk.

I've carried other guns in the past, but I stick to one's that have proven reliability. There are others I'd trust to be reliable, but personal preferences and ergonomic factors make the HK line my tiop choice.

As far as price goes...I view HK as solidly in the middle of the expense spectrum. You can buy a wide variety of pistols in the $500 - $1000 range. Almost all of the HKs fall into that range, whereas some other brands, especially some of the 1911 makers start at the $1000 level and go up...way up. I think HKs are not overly expensive, compared to others of similar build quality.

Another reason I like HK is because they still put hammers on their guns. If Glock used a hammer, I'd maybe carry one..

Another reason is the overall build quality...the fit and finish is very good. No break in, no "fluff and buff" crap, no dry firing 1000 times to make the trigger work.

HK is one of the premier innovators in gun technology.
    * put a rifle action (G3) in a pistol...that's cool.
    * Use of polymer... yes, long before Glock did.
    * Gas delayed blowback (P7)
    * Squeeze cocker
    * Adjustable grips
    * High tech finishes
    * Even their stainless guns look better... go figure?
    * I even like the trigger guard mag release. Once you use it, it makes perfect sense.

That last reason is; just because I can shoot them well, accurately and fast. With HK I get the total package...reliable to a fault, accurate, good sights, adjustable grips, a trigger I like, soft recoil, easy to maintain. There is just no other gun out there that has all of the features in one package that appeal to me as much as my trusty HK P2000sk.

Now, my complaints;
    Except for the P7, HKs are generally fat. If they made a slimmer gun, I would buy it.

That's it.

VIP Member
    I mainly carry GLOCKs and and occasional Ruger, but I recently had an opportunity to shoot a friend's P2000sk. DA/SA effects aside, I quite liked the little guy. Very neat little groups at various distances, and that unusual mag release only irritated me for a couple of reloads. I might be in the market in the near future.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have a P2000 and in Florida even though it is hot, I still carry it sometimes with my Bluegrass Hybrid holster. If I don't carry that, then it's the Walther PPS in a Bluegrass Mason Dixon, and if I can't carry that then I have an LCP in a Nemisis holster.

My EDC is a HK USP-CT .45 also in a Mason Dixon Hybrid.
    I think what I like the most about the HK is I feel safe carrying it knowing it is always there ready to rock just point, pull, bang
    Repeat as needed...
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Cost is not a factor, with rising new gun prices. I paid $699 for my used P2K Sk, and $700 for my P2K, both in .40sw. Not much more than a new something else. I too, much prefer a hammer on my pistols. The P2K is sa/da with a cocking hammer, and the P2K sk is the LEM trigger, which I have decided that I like very much. I like it because of the 2nd shot to the same bullet capability, same as any other da. I don't really like striker fired pistols as much. HK's are just good pistols, plain and simple. I like that both mine are 100% ambidextrious, ambi mag release, ambi slide release, ambi decocking lever on the P2K. None needed on the sk. That is something that may come in useful on day, hopefully not. I like the adjustable grips on both of the pistols. I like the universal rail mounts, though I doubt I'll ever use them, it is nice to know that they are there.

The P2K sk in a smartcarry, with a full sized P2K mag in it.

The P2K just laying around.

I have had 2 HKs. A P2000 and P2000sk in .40 S&W. I sold them because I hated the LEM trigger and I was going to stop shooting .40 S&W. I want to get both guns back but with a DA/SA trigger and in 9mm.

Here are some pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    I have had 2 HKs. A P2000 and P2000sk in .40 S&W. I sold them because I hated the LEM trigger and I was going to stop shooting .40 S&W. I want to get both guns back but with a DA/SA trigger and in 9mm.
    What I like about the LEM is that the hammer is bobbed, and does not poke me when sitting and using the smarcarry system. It is a funny beast, not quite fish, not quite fowl, but it does the job for which it is intended. Consistent trigger pull with every shot. IOW, a convenient solution to a problem that doesn't exist for many of us.

I love my USP compact. Has always been reliable and accurate. Eats just about anything too. The price for them is worth it to me when you are talking about self defense. I also like the DA/SA and I am a big fan of the mag release I think it is very easy to use. Just a very solid weapon all around.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links