Highest Capacity, Best Gun Question - Page 2

Highest Capacity, Best Gun Question

This is a discussion on Highest Capacity, Best Gun Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry single stack pistols, but for the home front I wanted hi cap. I went with the CZ SP-01. I am very happy with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I carry single stack pistols, but for the home front I wanted hi cap. I went with the CZ SP-01.

I am very happy with it :)
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

They are not cheap but a Browning High Power would be high on my list. Just as good but maybe not as sexy would be a full size CZ 75B. While not inexpensive, the CZ can be had for less than the High Power. I carry the CZ in a Minotaur holster from Comp-tac. The gun is big and heavy but the Minotaur tames it easily. I've looked at Glocks, M&P's and XD's hard and I do own some plastic semi autos but I like it when my carry gun really feels like a gun.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    When I was an LEO I opted for the Para-Ordnance P-14. !5 rds total capacity of .45 ACP.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

While I'm a 1911 fan, I love the .357 Sig round. Thus, for someone wanting high capacity, I recommend a Glock 32 for compact or G33 for subcompact.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by inspyrd View Post
    I may or may not be in the minority here, but capacity is secondary to me.

IMO, the best gun to carry is the one you are most comfortable with. In a high stress situation, you want something that will fit your hand like it was a part of you.

My primary carry is a Sig P220 in .45, 8+1 capacity.
    I'm with you, though capacity is actually further down the list for me than second. Off all my carry guns the one with the highest capacity holds 9 rounds fully loaded.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

I'll echo what some others have already mentioned in this thread. You can always buy a glock and buy higher capacity magazines. I have a G26 and some days I carry my stock 10 round magazine. Other days I carry a 15 round magazine. All glock magazines are interchangeable with similar calibers. It's a good alternative to buying a high capacity gun. If I really want to go crazy I could by the 33 round magazine for 9mm capacity. I don't really seeing that from a CCW point of view but it is an option if that's what you are seeking.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    So I would like your opinions (why do you prefer) on the highest capacity, best gun, in 9MM, 45ACP, or 357SIG (I prefer these rounds) for concealed carry…
    You mention "best", "highest capacity" and "concealed carry", so I tend to think of a very high quality, polymer framed gun to keep the weight down and allow plenty of volume in the grip for capacity. I think one of the newest Heckler & Koch models probably fits that description best. I would probably go with the HK 45 compact model, which has a 10 round magazine in .45 ACP along with a slim, lightweight design for easy carry.

(I don't own one of these yet, but have two older H&K USPs that have been excellent guns.)

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inspyrd View Post
    I may or may not be in the minority here, but capacity is secondary to me.

IMO, the best gun to carry is the one you are most comfortable with. In a high stress situation, you want something that will fit your hand like it was a part of you.

My primary carry is a Sig P220 in .45, 8+1 capacity.
    This is an excellent post, I carry a snubbie revolver very often, and never fell under armed.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    You mention "best", "highest capacity" and "concealed carry", so I tend to think of a very high quality, polymer framed gun to keep the weight down and allow plenty of volume in the grip for capacity. I think one of the newest Heckler & Koch models probably fits that description best. I would probably go with the HK 45 compact model, which has a 10 round magazine in .45 ACP along with a slim, lightweight design for easy carry.

(I don't own one of these yet, but have two older H&K USPs that have been excellent guns.)

I know a guy that won one of these at a sanctioned match, I'm not sure which match, those little flippers on both sides of the trigger guard are the magazine release controls-weird. He did have a few hiccups with the gun, most likely using reloads (but high quality I'm sure) I'm not sure what hiccups he had.

Nice looking gun though, lightweight, kinda on the large side.

Joker1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links