Bought a Ruger GP100 4" - Page 2

Bought a Ruger GP100 4"

This is a discussion on Bought a Ruger GP100 4" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great buy!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Ruger GP100 4"

Great buy!
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

gp100 holster

I'm really happy with the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster for my Gp100 4". Check them out :
    Leather Gun Holster, Concealed carry holster, Simply Rugged!", Proudly made in Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The FIST #14 is what I like for carrying my GP concealed. I like the Bianchi Cyclone for field carry with this gun.
    Could you post a picture of you carrying the GP100 in the FIST #14. OWB if possible? I've been looking for a holster for my GP100 and I almost bought a FIST #12 Basic.

Thanks
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    Could you post a picture of you carrying the GP100 in the FIST #14. OWB if possible? I've been looking for a holster for my GP100 and I almost bought a FIST #12 Basic.

Thanks
    x2 Pics would be greatly appreciated!

Im open for anything. Actually I have another thread on here looking for a shoulder holster setup, but I havent found anything that doesnt cost a lot more than Im willing to spend (for a shoulder setup). But I would also like an IWB or OWB holster strong side.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Well here it is...

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

I tried to update the threads title: "Updated with pics" But I dont know how... any tips? Thanks

Great deal on a great gun.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Wow, she's a beaut. Looks NIB.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Beautiful! All my Rugers are stainless, and they're great guns. However, to my eye, the blued guns outrank the stainless guns in pure class.

I think the GP is one gun everybody ought to own. And the 4"/adjustable sighted guns are arguably the most versatile of the lot. (I know I'll get flamed over that one-grin).

PC

Good deal. I just bought a stainless one myself a couple weeks ago, a little more worn, maybe, but $325 (plus the tax and NICS). Ser. No. indicates manufacture data of 1995.

So far, I love it, always been happy with Ruger wheelguns. Have fun.
    Attached Images
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

VIP Member
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Just left a deposit for it today. $350 used in nearly perfect condition. When I put it beside the brand new one they had I could hardly tell the difference in condition. I was hoping to find it in 3" or an SP101 with a short barrel. But I think I'll be happy with the 4". Not sure if I'll be carrying it (at least not during the summer). I cant wait to pick it up!

SWEET gun!!! I had one (stainless steel) that was stolen back in 2002. Great shooting gun and built like a tank. Replaced it with a S&W, but only because the Rugers I saw at the time seemed to have some QC issues (barrels not screwed in straight, etc). I'm thinking a lot of those got out back when Bill Ruger was just getting out of the day-to-day operations. The ones I've seen lately seem to be back up to the "old standard."

One thing on a Ruger - if you don't finish the BG off with six rounds, you can probably beat him to death with it.

I like the Galco Phoenix holsters for this gun, though I've never tried carrying it concealed this way.

+1 for the GP 100. I have 3 of them. 2 are stainless fixed sight 3 and 4 inch. 1 is a fixed sight 4 inch blued 38 caliber GP 100. Stainless ones are for hiking, blued for HD.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    SAF, CCRKBA Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Now I just need to find a couple of different holster configurations for it.
    I've got FIST #7s for 2.75" Speed Six and 4" Redhawk. Great holster.

ETA: Oh wow. That is a nice wheelie. You did GREAT my man.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    I've got FIST #7s for 2.75" Speed Six and 4" Redhawk. Great holster.

ETA: Oh wow. That is a nice wheelie. You did GREAT my man.
    Thanks!

If I go with something OWB it needs to ride pretty hi so that the holster doesnt show. I know that longer shirts will help too. Otherwise im also looking into shoulder holsters, and IWB. Im disappointed that crossbreed doesnt make a supertuck for it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links