New Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on New Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a new Kahr PM9 for mostly pocket carry. First trip to the range to start the reccommended 200 rd break in. 100 ...

Thread: New Kahr PM9

New Kahr PM9

Just picked up a new Kahr PM9 for mostly pocket carry.

First trip to the range to start the reccommended 200 rd break in. 100 rds of CCI 9mm NO issues. 50 rds JHP NO issues. After reading all the must shoot 200+ rds to be sure this was a pleasent surprise. I wish my Kimber was so easy.

I will still finish the reccommened break in before I carry but I am very pleasently surprised.

Accuracy and shooting comfort was good and for me a large improvement over my J Frame that I traded in. I could never shoot 150 rds in the J Frame at one time.

The quality appears to be very high. If this continues I will highly reccommend this gun.

2. Remove Ads

I am sure you will love your new PM 9. It is a whole different gun after the break in period. It just gets better and better.

Whatever works for you...if it's dependable, easy to conceal...you're good to go. It is rewarding to find 'that' gun...

Stay armed...enjoy your pick...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry mine, when I carry it, in a FIST Kydex pocket holster...disappears in the front pocket of my cargo shorts...enjoy!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Just picked up a PM45 last week and i love it... I can't believe you can stuff a 45 in your pant pockets.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    My PM9 has also been flawless. They are outstanding small CCW handguns.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

cmb
    I did not realize the pm 9 was that slim and small I may be looking pretty close at this, please kep us posted on your shooting and process...

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Just picked up a new Kahr PM9 for mostly pocket carry.

First trip to the range to start the reccommended 200 rd break in. 100 rds of CCI 9mm NO issues. 50 rds JHP NO issues. After reading all the must shoot 200+ rds to be sure this was a pleasent surprise. I wish my Kimber was so easy.

I will still finish the reccommened break in before I carry but I am very pleasently surprised.

Accuracy and shooting comfort was good and for me a large improvement over my J Frame that I traded in. I could never shoot 150 rds in the J Frame at one time.

The quality appears to be very high. If this continues I will highly reccommend this gun.
    Do yourself a favor, and get a spare recoil spring. PM9's are hard on springs - Kahr told me to replace them at the 1000-round point...this was after having failure to go fully into battery issues at the 1400-round point with mine.

I would have one recoil spring strictly for carry use, and another for range use. Keep track of your round count on the "range use" one, replace as needed.

Good luck with it!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I carry mine, when I carry it, in a FIST Kydex pocket holster...disappears in the front pocket of my cargo shorts...enjoy!
    +1. I carry mine in a FIST K5 90% of the time.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Mine has been getting more and more carry time recently (pocket carried in Milt Sparks most of the time).

I've got two different Milt Sparks IWB rigs on order for it too...

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    T Bone,

What Sparks pocket holster is that? I don't see it on their site. How do you like it?

Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    T Bone,

What Sparks pocket holster is that? I don't see it on their site. How do you like it?

Thanks.
    It's the PCH, it just looks a bit different due to the gun being larger (at least I presume that's why they made it the way they did).

I like it a lot, though it's the only Milt Sparks holster I've
    had (out of 8 or so) that required blocking (stretching, the plastic bag trick). I use it or a DeSantis Nemesis, depending (the Nemesis mostly for bathrobe or jacket pockets, the Sparks for pants/jeans pockets).

Here's a pic along side a PCH for the P3AT (looks closer to that on the site).

To SCfromNY, glad the new pistol is working great for you. Mine has been very good, but less than 100% (still acceptable, malfunctions have been minor and very easy to bring back to action quickly). I'm going to try a new recoil spring to see if that helps (another hundred rounds down the pipe couldn't hurt either!).

ETA: Quick update on mine, just got off the phone with Kahr's excellent Customer Service folks, at my request, they're sending me a new recoil spring, no charge. If that doesn't make it 100%, they'll issue an RMA and she'll take a trip back to the factory- either way, I am still confident in it the way it is. Man, I love good customer service!
    Last edited by T Bone; July 15th, 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: See ETA
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Links