SIG P228 9mm

SIG P228 9mm

This is a discussion on SIG P228 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been talking with other people and all of them state to me that they do not recommend carrying a SIG P228 9mm pistol. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG P228 9mm

SIG P228 9mm

I have been talking with other people and all of them state to me that they do not recommend carrying a SIG P228 9mm pistol. I like this gun and always seemed to like the feel of it. I was just wondering if anyone else in this board like this guns.

I carry a 229, IWB, with no problem. Guess I would wonder why they thought it was a bad idea.
    If you like it, and shoot it well, and can conceal it, why would you not want to carry it?
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

I cant speak from experience but there is a BIG following of the 228.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Why not...? Did anyone specify why, ie, the old "45 argument"...? I'm a big fan of Sigs, and my next one will probably be a 9mm...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

i have a 228 and love it, shoots any ammo i feed it, accurate

VIP Member
    It has been my duty weapon for the last 7 years, four continents, and two wars zones. It is, by far, one of the finest 9mm compact combat pistols ever made. I'm very curious as to what reasons these naysayers are giving...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Yes, I'm wondering what the reason is too why you shouldnt carry it. It is, without a doubt, one of the finest combat pistols ever made.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Regardless of what you choose to carry, there will be some who agree and some who disagree...YOU are the only one who can decide if it works for you.
    Opinions are like 'belly buttons'(), everybody has one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Regardless of what you choose to carry, there will be some who agree and some who disagree...YOU are the only one who can decide if it works for you.
    Not everyone! Adam & Eve Didn't.

LOL
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    what he said
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    I have been talking with other people and all of them state to me that they do not recommend carrying a SIG P228 9mm pistol.
    SAY WHAT!! Don't listen to them...
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Thanks guys, I feel that the SIG P228 is an excellent pistol and I do feel more confident with it in the outside world. I also carry two others pistols regularly but I like this model.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    It has been my duty weapon for the last 7 years, four continents, and two wars zones. It is, by far, one of the finest 9mm compact combat pistols ever made. I'm very curious as to what reasons these naysayers are giving...
    One of my former coworkers states that the grip is too big when he has it in his pancake holster. I usually use my bianchi holster or my fanny pack for this pistol.

It is not perfect. That being said I cant remember the last time I carried anything else. Sure, it is thicker in the grip than the P220 or P225, but it holds twice as much ammo! I have four different Sig models but if I could only have one, that is the one I would keep. Like I said, not perfect, but IMHO it's pretty darn close!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    You're friends obviously have not had the pleasure of either owning or shooting one of these finely engineered pistols. Mine's 8 years or so old and during it's lifetime has never had a malfunction in what is now about 40K rounds. Once shot 3K rounds throuh it without a cleaning and it was ready for more. I can honestly not say that about the 2 1911's I've owned. My SA Champion was a piece of crap that made five trips back to the factory and still wouldn't run. My full size SA 1911 was my main carry weapon for 17 years until I bought a H&K P7 PSP and was never a problem weapon except when I had to replace the extractor after 50K+ rounds. I swapped over as the P7 was lighter, faster to bring back on target, has a fantastic trigger and is just plain crazy accurate. Also 9mm ammo is much cheaper than .45 giving me more firing time as I shoot at least once a week at a minimum. The 228 is a little thick in the grip area compared to some single stack weapons, but you're getting 13 rounds of ammo that are going to feed, fire and eject properly every time you squeeze that trigger. Mine is now a house/wifes gun as I swapped over to the H&K P7 because I like the SA trigger and the pistol is THE BEST out of the box semi I've ever owned or shot and I've shot most of the big name pistols (1911's). On that note I never felt undergunned with the 228.

With a GOOD IWB holster it is easy to conceal and is one fantastic SDW that you can have 100% confidence that it'll go bang everytime you pull the trigger. It is now the pistol my wife likes the most to shoot as it fits her hand and she likes shooting it and her accuracy improved about 80% with it over my old model 36 that I gave her for SD.
    Buy it knowing you're going to own one of the best pistols ever to come out of any factory. I highly recommend it for a SDW.

JMO
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links