New Kahr CW9 issue.

New Kahr CW9 issue.

This is a discussion on New Kahr CW9 issue. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a brand new Kahr CW9 yesterday and have only shot it twice in the backyard. The issue that I have is ...

New Kahr CW9 issue.

I just picked up a brand new Kahr CW9 yesterday and have only shot it twice in the backyard. The issue that I have is that the mag doesn't drop free unless there are rounds in the mag. i talked to Kahr today and they told me to send it in... I told them that I would check the new mag that I ordered from them and if it still does I will send it in. Is there anything that I can look at??? Thanks Robbie

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    if your's is like mine (just picked it up last Saturday), I would guess that the polymer mag well is slightly gripping the mag when there's not enough tension on the mag spring/follower (as in loaded or partially loaded) to pop it out. Having had a few other "poly-grip" pistols over the years, I have learned to either mildly (very mildly) work some 600g wet/dry paper on the contact surfaces of the mag well to knock off the moulding flashing, or just wait it out and let it wear in. I'll bet it will smooth out over time. Or, it could be a defective mag spring, follower, or mag catch not properely disengaging. My guess is the poly-grip magwell is still tight.

surv

i also purchased a Kahr CW9 recently..magazine drops out freely as it should..can you see anything in the mag well that might be catching? Any defects in the polymer? As (surveyor) said,it might be something that will works it self out,if not let Kahr take a look at it..

Links