Beretta PX4

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ....hmmm....I think late this year.....I spoke to a three Beretta reps at SHOT; two of the three were absolutely clueless (read the Beretta Forum's sticky ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4

VIP Member
    ....hmmm....I think late this year.....I spoke to a three Beretta reps at SHOT; two of the three were absolutely clueless (read the Beretta Forum's sticky on the SHOT Show for more sad details).

What I really want to see is a compact Px4 or 90-Two....compact, full-power guns is the biggest hole these days in the Beretta lineup since they elected to kill off the Cougar (including the Mini-Cougar and 8000F Type L) and 92/96 Compacts, leaving the only compact Berettas in chambers smaller than 9mm. AAARRRRGGGHHHH!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin45k
    Ok I have a problem . I just bought a PX4 last thursday now I need a holster for it .
    Gould & Goodrich

But do a Google search. I found some links of people already making them
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Ok, possibly stupid question here. I've never owned a pistol with anything more than a 7rd single stack magazine, so maybe I'm just not doing it right.

Anyways, I can't seem to get more than 12 rds in those 17 round magazines. I'm assuming that they are just really new and stiff, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I felt like a girl at the range yesterday and I powerlift. Any ideas?

Load the mags let them sit a day or 2 and try to cram a couple more rounds in ..After a few more days add a few more rounds when you reach 17 let them sit a week that will make them easier to load

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Load the mags let them sit a day or 2 and try to cram a couple more rounds in ..After a few more days add a few more rounds when you reach 17 let them sit a week that will make them easier to load

Awesome, thanks for the help. Only other high cap magazines I've used were for the M9 and M16's. Since I was in the Marine Corps all of it had been around since like 1275 anyway so it was easy to load.

after having a glock 17 a year or 2 the 17 rounders for it are still stiff as are the ones for my 10mm so i understand them 9mm rounds dont give ya a lot of room to fit thumb on either

In the original post, your going from a 239 to the Beretta... so your going from a compact to a full sized pistol. I hope this isn't for concealed carry work... because if it is, there are some other guns you might want to consider as well.
    The Beretta 92FS. The Desert Eagle. The BFG 9000... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by George Hill
    In the original post, your going from a 239 to the Beretta... so your going from a compact to a full sized pistol. I hope this isn't for concealed carry work... because if it is, there are some other guns you might want to consider as well.
    The Beretta 92FS. The Desert Eagle. The BFG 9000... ;)

Ah, the BFG :) I'm not sure if it is lighter, but it sure seems lighter to me. Yes, I'm carrying it and I don't really find it too much of a problem. I wear long sleeved shirts at work to cover up inkwork so it fits in nicely along the small of my back (don't have to tuck in, the University is pretty casual). I need to find a better holster, but nothing I've seen yet has caught my attention. There's not much out there for the px4 right now.

That and it has left handed magazine release, which is easily the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday
    I need to find a better holster, but nothing I've seen yet has caught my attention. There's not much out there for the px4 right now.
    Though only a few holsters are currently made specifically for the PX4, I've read that many leather hoslters made for the HK USP Compacts fit it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle357
    Though only a few holsters are currently made specifically for the PX4, I've read that many leather hoslters made for the HK USP Compacts fit it well.
    Thanks for the tip. The one I have now is made for a beretta 92 and it fits it pretty good, but not great.

Just my 2 cents: this site -> link has holsters that they can fit precisely to a PX4. I have just recently bought a Storm too, and am thinking of getting the top one to use for CC.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum Kauboy...thanks for bringing that site to our attention...those are pretty sharp looking kydex holsters.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by kauboy
    Just my 2 cents: this site -> link has holsters that they can fit precisely to a PX4. I have just recently bought a Storm too, and am thinking of getting the top one to use for CC.

Awesome thanks for that link. I've been looking like mad for holsters made for the PX4 and the only things I've came across so far is High Noon. Anyways, these kydex are a lot cheaper to try out.

Your welcome. One possible problem that I realized last night, they may not sell directly. I'm gonna be calling there number to confirm this, but they may only sell through their dealers.

Keep us posted on this if you would. I'm definitely interested in ordering one of these and if you're already going to find out then I won't have to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links