Beretta PX4

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in the process of changing from my sig p239 .40 to a 9mm. I've looked at the sig 9mm's and they definitely interest me ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4

Beretta PX4

I'm in the process of changing from my sig p239 .40 to a 9mm. I've looked at the sig 9mm's and they definitely interest me as I like sig, but this PX4 has caught my eye. The P239 is a great gun, but trying to shoot at least 100 rounds a week is starting to really eat into the wallet.

However, I can't seem to find any reviews on the thing. Does anyone on here own one or has shot one? Or if anyone can simply point me in the direction of a review that includes firing the gun. I've tried searching with no luck.

Ultimately it'd still have to feel "right" in my hands and stuff, but I'd like to know that it's a reliable handgun going into the gun store.

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I've never shot one, but I've handled one at a gun show. Seems like a nice gun and easy to point.

But, it's just so ugly, I could never get one. (I've got a USP, so I know an ugly gun when I see one :) )

Yeah I really like the ugly ray gun look. Dunno why, but I do.

Senior Moderator
    I've heard nothing but good about the PX4. I handled one in a gun store and it was all I could do not to buy it. The only reason I didn't is because I wouldn't have a holster to carry it in.

For me, the gun fit like a custom-made glove. The DA trigger was far better than most stock guns, and the SA was great.

I'm wondering how the rotating bbl is going to hold up, but I've heard no complaints.

Ugly? You think this is ugly? Well, maybe a little.
    Attached Images

Ok, I went with the PX4. Both it and the Sig 226 felt great in my hands, but the PX4 sold me with the reversible magazine release. Yes, I'm one of those spawns of the devil, a left handed person.

Anyways, shot 150 rounds through it at the range this morning and gonna put another 100 through it tomorrow (I so love the cheapness of 9mm ammo). No jams, very accurate, and a very very nice trigger pull.

I guess I'll throw another post up after I clean it tomorrow to go into how difficult that is.

Assistant Administrator
    Glad you like the gun - love mine but - heck I must have one of the rogue triggers - it is far from smooth and I keep meaning to sort it out - tho not too bad to get used to.

I call the looks ''Buck Rogers'' but once in hand that is unimportant as for me the whole feel and ergonomics work so well.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Sammy....if you haven't done so already, the Beretta Forum has a number of reviews already of the Px4.

I fired one....it's a sweet shooter; accurate, light recoiling and slick handling. I don't like the safety...it's too "unobtrusive" for me, as such, I can't reliably or quickly "off-safe" the gun. If I were to buy one (and if I did, it would be in .45 ACP or 357 SIG), I'd get a Type "G" model (out later this year or early next...but I think for LEO's only) or keep the Px4 Type "F" off-safe.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    Sammy....if you haven't done so already, the Beretta Forum has a number of reviews already of the Px4.

I fired one....it's a sweet shooter; accurate, light recoiling and slick handling. I don't like the safety...it's too "unobtrusive" for me, as such, I can't reliably or quickly "off-safe" the gun. If I were to buy one (and if I did, it would be in .45 ACP or 357 SIG), I'd get a Type "G" model (out later this year or early next...but I think for LEO's only) or keep the Px4 Type "F" off-safe.
    Hahaha, I was looking for reviews of it all over the Internet for like the last week and a half and I never once thought to check the Beretta forums. At least my impulse worked out this time.

I don't mind the safety much at all, but I could see where it'd could possibly be an issue. I'm still just so excited that I can reverse the magazine release, while having a handgun that's performance is making me very happy.

VIP Member
    Go to David Olhasso's Px4 web page http://www.olhasso.com/beretta/px4.htm. He sells parts for that gun (the limited parts that are available) and more importantly....he sells a 20 round extended mag for it and a floor plate and internals to retrofit your current mags for 20 round capacity.

Dave is now the "go to" Beretta gunsmith guy....kinda, sorta "filling in" for Ernest Langdon after EL closed his gunsmith shop for S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    Go to David Olhasso's Px4 web page http://www.olhasso.com/beretta/px4.htm. He sells parts for that gun (the limited parts that are available) and more importantly....he sells a 20 round extended mag for it and a floor plate and internals to retrofit your current mags for 20 round capacity.

Dave is now the "go to" Beretta gunsmith guy....kinda, sorta "filling in" for Ernest Langdon after EL closed his gunsmith shop for S&W.
    Sweet, thanks for the link mate.

VIP Member
    Anytime! Enjoy the Px4.

Cool ya need to give us pics and a full range report

Anybody have any rumors on when they will come out with the .45 version?

VIP Member
    Ditto on the .45.... although I am thinking on going 1911 <gasp!>
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Ok I have a problem . I just bought a PX4 last thursday now I need a holster for it . It came with two 17 round mags and I would like to have a few more because I was at a compititon the 3d week this month and required more then 3 mags so I used my 92fs . Love the PX4 just need more accessories for it. Suggestions are appreiciated.merlin45kout

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links