Short Barrel 357 - Page 4

Short Barrel 357

This is a discussion on Short Barrel 357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by shooterX Your welcome. If you were closer I'd let you shoot mine. You can mail it to me, I will try it, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Short Barrel 357

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Your welcome. If you were closer I'd let you shoot mine.
    You can mail it to me, I will try it, and return it when I am done with it!

Thanks and I appreciate it. I was at the range today shooting my Kahr PM9 and the guy next to me, about 60 years old was shooting his only gun he owns, a SIG Mosquito, I have the same 22 for my step-son an we struck up a conversation, he asked my opinion on some 9MM's he wanted to check out and although a Kahr PM9 was not on the list we spoke about, but the only gun I was shooting this day, I told him to run a magazine through it (it isnt the best example of "normal" recoil in the 9MM service range of guns we were talking about), but he enjoyed it a alot and was very thankful for the opportunity to shoot a bigger caliber for the first time......made me feel good to help him out and be neighborly.....always a good time.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Smith and Wesson 340 PD. Extremely light weight for concealed carry and comes in 357. Its a BEAST! My buddy has one and we shot it the other day at the range. The thing is not recoil friendly. It goes bang in a BIG way.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    Smith and Wesson 340 PD. Extremely light weight for concealed carry and comes in 357. Its a BEAST! My buddy has one and we shot it the other day at the range. The thing is not recoil friendly. It goes bang in a BIG way.
    I have shot my share of the smaller, lighter snubbies and that is why I decided to go with the larger K frame.....a bit more heft to offset the kick. I looked at the 340, a very nice gun, just afraid I will not enjoy the snap.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I have shot my share of the smaller, lighter snubbies and that is why I decided to go with the larger K frame.....a bit more heft to offset the kick. I looked at the 340, a very nice gun, just afraid I will not enjoy the snap.
    Yeah your right, its a lot of money for the 340 PD to not really like it. After about 6 shots with the 357 rounds, my right hand was stinging a little. The recoil is a little more than my Smith 460 XVR!

How about this one:
    Smith and Wesson Model 327 M&P R8 - 8 Shot, .357 Magnum Revolver

Looks pretty sweet. I held one but never shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    How about this one:
    Smith and Wesson Model 327 M&P R8 - 8 Shot, .357 Magnum Revolver

Looks pretty sweet. I held one but never shot it.
    It is a 5" and MSRP of $1400......longer than I wanted and more pricey, but a heck of a looking gun. I am really trying to stay between 2 1/2 and 3", for concealed carry, but with a large enough frame (not too large) that the recoil will be tolerable.....so I think the K frames meet that criteria.

Again, thanks for the info.

My vote goes for the SP101 DAO 2 1/4"
    If you fire a Double Tap round out of this little tank, you will be very impressed!
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by glock45 View Post
    My vote goes for the SP101 DAO 2 1/4"
    If you fire a Double Tap round out of this little tank, you will be very impressed!
    I had this exact gun and sold it a couple of years ago....for some reason, it didn't float my boat, and I want a 6 shooter, so I think the S&W 66 fits the bill a little better, but "YES" the Ruger SP-101 is a great, strong gun!

Thanks.

My favorite revolver to carry is my 2.5" Model 66-1. It is surprisingly easy to carry and blends in well with a good OWB holster.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    My favorite revolver to carry is my 2.5" Model 66-1. It is surprisingly easy to carry and blends in well with a good OWB holster.

That is pretty much exactly what I want and have made some inquires into a few I have found on the web. Great pic, thanks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post

I have this exact model, except my grips are the Pachmyr Compact grips, and your right it is very easy to conceal carry in an OWB holster, even under a t-shirt. I'm saving up for a IWB holster for it, which is my prefered method of carry.

Here is how I normally carry it under a normal carry shirt for me. Hogue monogrip sure makes a great shooter.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    I have a 3" S&W mod 65. It's my favorite carry revolver. Good balance, nice sie and a great trigger.
    I have one of these on the way myself. I also purchased a spring set from Wolff and a new version cylinder release. The 65 I bought is pre-lock, with the old style release. I'm also bidding on some grips that look like Secret Service Grips.

I intend on getting the cylinder cut for moon clips, as soon as I can. I'd also like a red insert in my front sight one day.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Fantastic looking setup, really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FHBrumb View Post
    I have one of these on the way myself. I also purchased a spring set from Wolff and a new version cylinder release. The 65 I bought is pre-lock, with the old style release. I'm also bidding on some grips that look like Secret Service Grips.

I intend on getting the cylinder cut for moon clips, as soon as I can. I'd also like a red insert in my front sight one day.
    I have been looking at some and am stuck on the improtance of a pinned and cut model over a newer one....does it make that much of a difference?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links