A Spider bit me and I came down with the SIGness

This is a discussion on A Spider bit me and I came down with the SIGness within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It all started when I decided to pick up a Spyderco Delica Wave. I never understood what everyone's fascination was with this knife until I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Spider bit me and I came down with the SIGness

It all started when I decided to pick up a Spyderco Delica Wave. I never understood what everyone's fascination was with this knife until I got one for myself. Now, this knife is my EDC everywhere I go!

I was hoping that this spiderbite would satisfy me for the Summer since it looked like the next gun I wanted (Sig P238) wasn't going to be available until the fall. Little did I realize that this spiderbite was going to make me come down with the summer-long SIGness.

Mid-June, The Sig P238 was released and I just happened to have my credit card in hand. $429 shipped to my FFL sealed the deal. This gun was amazing. The grip (although small) has an excellent grip angle and points naturally. I love the single action in this tiny gun! Fit and Finish of this gun is incredible, puts the LCP's and P3ATs that I've seen to shame, but I guess paying this much more would justify the better fit and finish. I had to drive all over town to come up with a couple boxes of .380 for range use. I put 150 rounds through it without any complication. The gun absorbs recoil well, this small gun could actually be considered a range gun!

I picked up a DM Bullard tuckable IWB for it that was molded to the Colt Mustang and it fit the P238 like a glove. I'll try to take some pictures of the holster later and post in the holster forum.

So... I got my first Sig I'd satisfied the SIGness right? NO!!!

I've carried my P238 almost every day and I would spend 15 minutes with it every night giving it a wipe down and telling it a bedtime story. Well if I like this one so well, I wonder what other Sigs are out there? Curiosity got the better of me and I spent a little time over at the Sig Forum. Well the P229 is a nice duty sized weapon... The P239 seems like a good CCW... The P226 is a classic range gun! I was sold...

I found a Sig Sauer P226R Certified Preowned 9mm last week online and it was on its way to my home! Could I really explain it to my wife that I bought my P238 as a baby and it had grown into a full size P226? Probably not...

Well I just picked up the P226 last night and this gun is like NIB. This thing is perfect, much better than I expected it to be for nearly $300 less than a new P226R. The grip feel, fit, finish is perfect on this gun. The balance of the gun points naturally. I can't wait to get this one out to the range!

I'm happy for now, but those P239's do look tempting... Will I ever get over this SIGness?

Some pictures for y'all to drool over!

Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Cool I'm sorry but your Signess is Terminal

I have a P-220 .40,P-226 .40, P-226 NSW 9MM, P-225 9MM and my eye on a P-210. Like they say, when you have the best you never go back. I love my Sigs! Yes they are not perfect, but close enough for me. I also have Glock, Kimber, S&W, Taurus, and Llama. I carry a Sig everyday. I love them. Love them hard, fed them daily, and bath them when you want. Enjoy.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The SIGness is strong in this one. I feel your pain. I just sent my third P220---Stainless Elite---off to Bruce Gray to make it into my competition gun.

I haven't fired a P238 yet, but I finally fondled one at a range this week. I am amazed how comfortable the grip was for such a small gun, and the trigger is the proverbial rod of glass. I will get one as soon as they are Maryland approved.

You'll be getting more, I assure you. Congrats!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

You are done for. Once you have had the best nothing else will do. I have seven SIGs and would be quite pleased to have more. "SIG-itis" is a highly contagious disease and an expensive one to cure. Nothing, but nothing, beats a SIG.

I've got a mild but chronic case of that SIGness...a P229 SAS and a brand spankin' new P238..."The SIG Brothers"

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Great photos!

No, I don't think there's any cure. You need to go pick up the P239, STAT! My girlfriend tried it out yesterday at the range, and she freaked out over it. She's set to go out immediately now and get one! :) It's a fantastic gun.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Great looking Sigs. I like that .380.

Senior Moderator
    Now if Sig could come out with a 9mm that small, I would have it too.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    must have the P239....must have the P239....must have the P239....

I also have been bitten.....

I am wanting a P239 and a P226 Elite now.... oh it hurts! I love it!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar

Thumbs up

Sorry for your illness but you could be a crack/meth addict with a way worse sickness, so my sypmathy only goes so far
    That 238 of yours is a beaut and I congratulate you on owning the finest .380 made IMO!

Love my old 228. 10 years old, over 40k rds. down the tube without 1 malfunction. Once did a 3k rd torture test with WWB ammo and it was begging for more. It's now my wifes pistol and I have no doubt it will do it's job if she ever needs it. Sig makes a fantastic product and I had a 238 for about a week and a half and sold it and 1200rds. of .380 ammo to purchase a S&W revolver and a Remington 700 varmit! Great pistol as you said but my H&K P7 packs a little more punch and is the best semi I've ever had the pleasure of owning or shooting.

My bug bite (addiction) is S&W revolvers. I went on a 3 year buying spree after I gave up drinking and last month my wife put me on 1 year of NO GUN BUYING probation.

You're only cure to keep that venom from spreading is to keep saving up for another SIG. You'll be amazed if you take your lunch money and pocket change and put them in a piggy bank. Was able to buy 1 revolver after 3 months with the money.

Remember not to complain to the wife over your bug bite. It's not fatal, but can put a very quick end to "The Cure" which also is not fatal but will make you feel very ill!

Congrats again on that 238 and stay safe.

SG
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I have a P226 in .40 s&w and have really been thinking of a P220 .45 acp lately, may trade in my XD 4" for one, just not sure if I want the SAS or the full size with rail.

Love my 239 .40 (EDC) and am shopping around for a 226 Elite .40. I really like the idea of the 226 Blackwater, but I'm a .40 fan. We'll see!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    The CZickness is just about as financially devastating.
    Be glad you don't have it, too!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I don't have the sig sickness "yet"....but if I ever see a Sig P238 Nitro with rose wood grips, well then, that'll be it for me!! I've only seen the two tone. I'd like one in all black but the grips, well, I'm just trying to get used to the vertical lines.

I did get to hold one and it has a good feel in the hand and I LOVE the sights but it's definitely larger than a Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT so I'm not sure if it'll work for me for pocket carry.

Anyway, it sure is nice. I'm jealous of you guys who's hands fit the larger sigs. I've held many but they're just a tad wide in the grips for me but what beautiful weapons!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links