Range Report Glock 19 & XD9 SC

This is a discussion on Range Report Glock 19 & XD9 SC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I wanted to share my experience that I had at my local range today. I decided to pop off about 200 rounds total. 100 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Report Glock 19 & XD9 SC

VIP Member

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience that I had at my local range today. I decided to pop off about 200 rounds total. 100 rounds of the same ammunition would be dedicated to each gun. I shot both weapons with the exact distances and scenarios.

The first thing I did was shoot 10 rounds at 5 yards out of each gun with my standard grip, and them myself and the range master (Al) checked my groupings. The first thing we both noticed is that my groupings were a tad better with the XD. Al who is one of the best shooters I have seen, took the glock 19 and tested the sites to make sure they were spot on. He took five shots with each weapon and we checked the groupings again. The first thing he said was that he could not believe the XD seemed more accurate.

The next round of shots where at 10 yards and sure enough we were both more accurate with the XD. Keep in mind that we are talking about small tolerances, you would be dead with the groupings from either gun.

After we looked at our groupings from the last round, Al mentioned that we should mix it up with one handed shots. The results were fabulous with each gun, but the XD proved to be a tiny bit more accurate.

Next we moved out to 15 yards and shot the opposite of our normal shooting stance and hand. I was pretty shocked with the results, I am left handed and can do almost anything with my right hand and so I knew that I would be pretty spot on, but Al was spot on too! We both registered nice groupings with each gun, but had the same results as the previous rounds.

The next round we moved out to 25 yards and shot another round in each weapon. The same results came back from both of us. We were both slightly more accurate with the XD.

The final round was again at 25 yards, but we turned the lane lights off at the range and did head shots. This time I thought that I was going to be more accurate with my glock for sure. Al even watched mechanics and bet the same thing before we retrived the target. Sure enough, I was wrong and my groupings with the XD were better. One thing that I did want to mention, the XD dot system was sub par in low light compared to the glock. The white did not have the same pop, and now I realize that this will need to be changed asap.

Before you guys start lighting up the glock torches, keep in mind that I have shot glock's for over 10 years and Al's EDC is a glock 26. Look at my DC name as well. This post is based on pure facts and it took us both by surprise. I also wanted to mention that if you are counting the rounds, we did have warm up shots with each weapon and some rounds consisted of 20 shots.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member
    Well, I am not surprised.!!!!

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Hmmm, I would be intrested in knowing if you would get the same results from a diffrent Glock, maybe Als G26.

Intresting post, thanks.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Me either my XD45cTactial is a awsome gun. I can shoot it better than a glock 17 And better than buddy at uspsa with g34

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Hmmm, I would be intrested in knowing if you would get the same results from a diffrent Glock, maybe Als G26.

Intresting post, thanks.
    We are going to test the G 26 with the XD9 SC next Saturday. Frankly most G-19 are a little more accurate then G-26's due the added barrel length and sight distance.

kpw
    My first G19 ('94) was the most inaccurate Glock I've owned. It was one of the most inaccurate pistols I've owned. My current 19 is decent but not as accurate as a G27 and G30 I've owned. Different guns will usually give you different results.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Both are great weapon systems. I own and fire a Glock 22 and a XDm (.40) I am happy with both weapons and would take either into a gunfight any day. I happen to like my XDm more than my Glock 22. It fits my hand better and I can do weapons manipulations easier. Once I get the Glock Robar'd that may change... we will see. On the other hand I like my new Sig P229 Elite better than both..... one day after I have put a couple thousand rounds through it I may swap it out to be my new duty fire arm - in the meantime the XDm fills that role with the Glock 22 in the back up role.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Interesting test. Good information and I bet it was kinda fun too!
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

You ever thought it could be the ammo as to why one shoots better than the other?
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I think that, with your post saying that the XD was "slightly" more accurate than the Glock, that perhaps statistically they might have been a dead heat. That could have something to do with the grip angle, or a lot of stuff other than ballistics. It was several tests, but the big statement to me is that both of them shot very accurately and would make BGs bleed profusely if called to do so.

Both are good platforms, though I prefer my XDs to Glocks every time I shoot both.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john5 View Post
    You ever thought it could be the ammo as to why one shoots better than the other?
    The ammo used for the test in each gun was Winchester white box. Typical wal-mart range ammo! Next week I will run all blazer ammo just to switch it up and see if that makes a difference. What sucks, is that now I will have to do a third test because the G-26 was not used this last week, and those results were on the Winchester ammo! LOL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    I think that, with your post saying that the XD was "slightly" more accurate than the Glock, that perhaps statistically they might have been a dead heat. That could have something to do with the grip angle, or a lot of stuff other than ballistics. It was several tests, but the big statement to me is that both of them shot very accurately and would make BGs bleed profusely if called to do so.

Both are good platforms, though I prefer my XDs to Glocks every time I shoot both.
    If I were to but it in terms of statistics, the XD would be about 15% more accurate for both Al and I.

very interesting thanks for the post

XD9sc's are very accurate guns. I see a lot of talk on this site about Glocks & Sigs and not as much about XD sub compacts. Why is that?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
    XD9sc's are very accurate guns. I see a lot of talk on this site about Glocks & Sigs and not as much about XD sub compacts. Why is that?
    The reason is because they are the new kid on the block. There are many XD owners on DC, just not the same volume as Glocks. By the way, I just got the lettering and the cannons done on my XD9 SC it looks sweet!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by C hawk Glock; July 22nd, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links