G19 w/ TFO

G19 w/ TFO

This is a discussion on G19 w/ TFO within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since I recently got my NC CHP my father brought me down my Glock 19. I asked him have some night sights installed (he works ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G19 w/ TFO

G19 w/ TFO

Since I recently got my NC CHP my father brought me down my Glock 19. I asked him have some night sights installed (he works in a gun store) before bringing it.

It arrived with combination Tritium/Fiber optic sights, which I have never actually seen before and a 3.5# Glock trigger. I am a little undecided on the sights so far, as the shorten up the already short sight radius. But the concept is pretty cool.

It is now carried in an MTAC and I did my WWW with him yesterday. He was unaware I was carrying until I told him on the ride home. (He was proud).

cmb
    Is that a light trigger for a pistol with only passive safeties?

I like it, I have heard good things about the 45 SF (small/short frames) but the G17&19&26 to me are the epitome of Glock..

Good deal hope you like the G19, and the new sights.

VIP Member
    Congrats...very nice...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I've got a Glock 19 with night sites , but I like the ones that you have on your gun better. Good luck with your new gun. It seems like your sights would show up better.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have those sights on one of my model 36s. I really like them 'cause they are easy to pick up in daylight, dimlight, and complete darkness; unlike other night sights that don't seem to work in dull light.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Very good pistol you've got there. Congratulations on it and your WWW. Shortened up the already short sight radius? By the looks, it appears to be the same, or as it would normally be stock since both the front and rear are longer in length. Try a G26/27! I've never tried any night sights other than Trijicons or Meprolights, but my experience with those is that they actually sight better for me than the stock plastic sights in most instances and raise the point of impact slightly for my ingrained sight picture on any of my Glocks, full size to sub-compact. As far as the 3.5# connector, I'm fixing to get one of my own just to try out at the range. I may end up doing swaps for my USPSA matches if it works well. Until I do try this out, I won't dissuade you or anyone for using this combination for a Glock carry pistol, but the stock 5.5# pull works fine for me, and it should for anyone who learns to shoot using the trigger reset principle as habit.
    Best wishes to you and your new Glock......have fun, be smart, stay safe....and Glock on!

I have TFO's on my 26, 19, 17, 22 and 30. I am planing to switch the remaining carry Glock's (23, 27, 21SF) with night sights over to TFO's. Best thing invented for older eyes. I use Dawson's on the play guns (34 and 35) for USPSA and IDPA along with a 3.5# connector and a polish job.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Have TFOs on my G26.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I swore off TFO's after the front sight disconnecting on me on 4 seperate occasions with 3 different sights over a 3 month period. TFO's are NOT resistant to shock or heavy use of the fire arm as the manufacturer states.... use at your own risk.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    I swore off TFO's after the front sight disconnecting on me on 4 seperate occasions with 3 different sights over a 3 month period. TFO's are NOT resistant to shock or heavy use of the fire arm as the manufacturer states.... use at your own risk.
    Thanks for the head's up. What exactly happened to yours? Front sight post break? Fiber optic rod break? Come out of the housing? How many rounds through the gun before you had issues?

I've heard you should not bathe these in Hoppes or other solvents - can damage the fiber optic tube.

Mine was installed by a gunsmith, if that matters. So far, no problems.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I've got a G19 and have been thinking of getting these TFO's-I want great visibility night and day-I'll be watching this thread for your impression of them down the road.

Joker1

I've been thinking of getting a G19. I know how good of a defensive weapon it is. Plus I might be able to get the wife to upgrade from her little .380. Enjoy it!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Great Pistol! I'm not experienced with the TFOs, have Heine Pro-Slants with a .145" rear slot on mine. The dang thing has forced several more-expensive CCWs into early (gunsafe) retirement. Enjoy!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

All of my Glocks have TFOs, I'm a big fan. Of all the sets I've installed for customers only one has ever failed. One side of the rear sight died after a few days. Replaced by Tru Glo with a phone call. My G19 is set up a lot like yours and I shoot it a lot, free ammo, and I have no concerns with mine.

Nice set up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links